AMP Steps for 2024

fletcher1856

Reaction score
Just picked up my new Slate Grey 3.0 ZR2. I'm trying to get AMP steps installed but my local outfitter says they have not released them for the 2024. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

Fletch

Just picked up my new Slate Grey 3.0 ZR2. I'm trying to get AMP steps installed but my local outfitter says they have not released them for the 2024. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

Fletch
Amp steps that fit 22-23 should also fit the 24.

I'll tell him. Checking Real Truck, it will not let you select 2024 and 1500.

Does anyone know if the Rough Country are good?

Thanks for the help!!

I'll tell him. Checking Real Truck, it will not let you select 2024 and 1500.

Does anyone know if the Rough Country are good?

Thanks for the help!!
If you call Real Truck customer service they will confirm. They are the retail arm of the Amp owner Lund Industries. I've already installed them on a 22 and 24. I've posted detailed threads on install for 22. It ain't plug n play and you'll be pulling wiring harnesses from BCM and splicing wires. It's a 3 to 4 hour project by the time you run the harnesses, install hardware, drill holes for the lights, splice wires, tie wrap everything neatly.

RC seems fine based upon reviews, but I didn't like the magnetic door sensors and exposed wiring in door jam.

Great info for sure. I am not seeing allot of 24 products yet. Maybe ya'll have more info to whom and where the 24 products are? Looking at getting the Amp Steps again, yet like above, I am not finding the 24 set. But IF the 23 set fits I will go for it.

Great info for sure. I am not seeing allot of 24 products yet. Maybe ya'll have more info to whom and where the 24 products are? Looking at getting the Amp Steps again, yet like above, I am not finding the 24 set. But IF the 23 set fits I will go for it.
Everything that fits a 2022-2023 will fit a 2024 ;)

Did I forget to post #5 in this thread?

Called Amp Research, they do not have a step for the 24 ZR2 as of yet, they are "working out the bugs" as there may be a wiring issue. Physically it will fit, but it has an electrical issue/conflict (unsure of what exactly he is leading to).. I will wait until I have 2024 verified and ready steps. I do not like messing with the electrical components on these new rigs. One wrong mistake and I am screwed.. Is there a site/company that has more upgrades and add ons that are 24 ready?

• Wow
Reactions: AXE
OP here.
I'm going with Rough Country. They are to be installed tomorrow. I'll update with my opinion once I get to try them out. I've always used AMP before.

OP here.
I'm going with Rough Country. They are to be installed tomorrow. I'll update with my opinion once I get to try them out. I've always used AMP before.
Roger that. I looked into RC steps. Did not like the magnet stuff and wire running to there and here.. Thanks for sharing.

That's total bullshit. I've already installed them on a 24 and they work exactly the same as the 22. But you will need to splice wires into the BCM. If you don't like that, better find a new project.

Maybe the are trying to revise the wiring scheme so it truly does work through OBD.

Call 4 Wheel Parts and they'll get you one now.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yeah, I am not "splicing" diddly squat. I want plug in and go. I can wait for the OBD plug in version. No biggie. And I would rather not pay 4WP for the install. It's all good.

Reactions: AXE
Yeah, I am not "splicing" diddly squat. I want plug in and go. I can wait for the OBD plug in version. No biggie. And I would rather not pay 4WP for the install. It's all good.
Should get the ones from the dealer then and have them install it, cause plug n play has left the chat. None of these kits are plug n play, but that term sells a lot of bullshit to the uninitiated.

If you ain't comfortable slicing a couple wires, you won't like this install. You have to drill holes in the body seam below the cab to install lights, splice those lights into wire harness regardless, pull fender wells to run wiring harness correctly, wire computer into battery, pull drivers door still and floor up, poke holes in driver side floor below your left foot. Pull body plugs for hardware install and perform some acrobatics getting the hardware bolted up.

It's not hard, but it takes 3 to 4 hours to do a good job and not hack it up. You can download the directions to see what it entails.

For what it’s worth, they use taps. It’s a pretty simple operation. You don’t technically “splice” or “cut” anything

Well, got the kit ordered from Amp Research and delivered along with a set of AVS-774075 - AVS Matte Black Low Profile Vent Visors. As they finally had it ready for the 24 ZR2. Top quality stuff. Zero instructions, whoops (had to print out my own). Just like the previous install on my Z71, all of it was as expected. Except those tinsy tiny wire "taps" that I had to contort and squirm to even get close to placing. Not an easy task for someone with a back injury, big hands and bad eye site. After a massive struggle I did figure out the right wires (I'm damn near blind up close) and somehow got it to connect as it should. Last task was the fail or no fail fuse placement. All went well, they are very smooth and I no longer need to jump or fall from the truck (wife is also happy)... Great kit ( I HATE THOSE TAPS)...

Attachments

• 20240112_163244[1].jpg
    20240112_163244[1].jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20240112_172101[1].jpg
    20240112_172101[1].jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 61
Well, got the kit ordered from Amp Research and delivered along with a set of AVS-774075 - AVS Matte Black Low Profile Vent Visors. As they finally had it ready for the 24 ZR2. Top quality stuff. Zero instructions, whoops (had to print out my own). Just like the previous install on my Z71, all of it was as expected. Except those tinsy tiny wire "taps" that I had to contort and squirm to even get close to placing. Not an easy task for someone with a back injury, big hands and bad eye site. After a massive struggle I did figure out the right wires (I'm damn near blind up close) and somehow got it to connect as it should. Last task was the fail or no fail fuse placement. All went well, they are very smooth and I no longer need to jump or fall from the truck (wife is also happy)... Great kit ( I HATE THOSE TAPS)...
Is there really a difference between the 23 and 24 models? Is the 24 a different part number?

Most Member Reactions

Back