AMP Steps for 2024

Is there really a difference between the 23 and 24 models? Is the 24 a different part number?
No clue sir, Previous call to them they stated they were "working out bugs".. That's all I got. I guess IF I could recall the exact kit (components) from my previous install I could give you a solid answer.. It's on, it works, I am happy happy!

No clue sir, Previous call to them they stated they were "working out bugs".. That's all I got. I guess IF I could recall the exact kit (components) from my previous install I could give you a solid answer.. It's on, it works, I am happy happy!
Post your part numbers and I'll compare to mine. I'm actually curious as one thing I've figured out with my 22 and 24 is that if you pull the OBD plug, it throws a bunch of network codes. Doesn't cause any issues, but stores them as inactive codes. Wondering if they modifies the computer.

Those taps are a PIA and you definitely have to be a contortionist to get up in there.

Glad you got them installed, they are worth the price and effort.

AMP-76255-01A - AMP Research Power Step Running Boards
As for codes, I have not witnessed anything like that. And I do not have anything to read codes IF I did..
I may splurge on the:
AMP RESEARCH POWERSTEP PASS-THROUGH HARNESS for services and to have an extra port.....

Reactions: AXE
AMP-76255-01A - AMP Research Power Step Running Boards
As for codes, I have not witnessed anything like that. And I do not have anything to read codes IF I did..
I may splurge on the:
AMP RESEARCH POWERSTEP PASS-THROUGH HARNESS for services and to have an extra port.....
Yeah, I wish there was a hard mount for that splitter instead of the dongle.

What part number is on the back of the computer? This is the computer part number for the 24 2500 HD AMP XL steps 77255-01A. That would likely be the part they changed if they updated something.

Attachments

• 20240116_162508.jpg
    20240116_162508.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 23
What part number is on the back of the computer? This is the computer part number for the 24 2500 HD AMP XL steps 77255-01A. That would likely be the part they changed if they updated something.
Gotcha.. At work still slaving away. Can verify asap.. Thanks

Hello all,
New to this forum but having an issue I am seeing others have. Installed a set of amp extreme boards on a 24 2500 zr2 and the boards only drop when rear doors are opened. Reached out to real truck to see if they had any insight on wires to tap into. Curious if others have experienced this. Thanks

You need a magnifying glass to determine the color on those wires. "The green wire with the microscopic thin almost green yellow line"........LMFAO. it's better to look at the pin position to be sure, but you have to make sure your looking at the pins that are in the same direction as the diagram and that's kind of crappy too.

You need a magnifying glass to determine the color on those wires. "The green wire with the microscopic thin almost green yellow line"........LMFAO. it's better to look at the pin position to be sure, but you have to make sure your looking at the pins that are in the same direction as the diagram and that's kind of crappy too.
Very much agree. The pic being the front side of the connector was less than helpful. Noticed in another YouTube pic there was a second green/yellow wire so looked for that this morning and finished the project. Like the boards so far and 5ft ish wife approves of the addition.

Very much agree. The pic being the front side of the connector was less than helpful. Noticed in another YouTube pic there was a second green/yellow wire so looked for that this morning and finished the project. Like the boards so far and 5ft ish wife approves of the addition.
I did two of them and the wires on the second one were all twisted up. Made it even worse, if that's possible.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back