Another Check Engine warning

Keewatin427

Reaction score
Well… I just got another Check Engine warning and rough idle. It shut itself off after remote start, then when I was inside it started and idled rough and stunk like backfire. Immediately contacted OnStar and got the diagnostics emailed to me. Tomorrow I limp into a local dealership and see what they can do. I have a feeling this is veering into lifter failure territory.

Attachments

• IMG_4955.png
    IMG_4955.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4956.png
    IMG_4956.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 58
Well… I just got another Check Engine warning and rough idle. It shut itself off after remote start, then when I was inside it started and idled rough and stunk like backfire. Immediately contacted OnStar and got the diagnostics emailed to me. Tomorrow I limp into a local dealership and see what they can do. I have a feeling this is veering into lifter failure territory.
damn...how many miles on rig?

My Trailboss had lifter failure around 15,000 and my ZR2 had the same symptoms with only a few thousand miles and it was just a bad fuel injector. Hopefully it’s not the lifters.

Yeah, here’s hoping 🤞🏽
Pretty lame that this is an issue at all, with the mileage being so low, but it happens, I guess
totally agree. its bs that we are even discussing this issue. on-going problem for years now. GM apparently crunched numbers and said FU to customers rather than fix. FU Mary Barra.

The lifter deal is some bs. To me the only plus side is atleast the bad ones seem to mostly fail pretty early. Let's be real though it's mostly thanks to the wonderful government. I'm sure GM would love to just do away with cylinder deactivation. It's not like anyone buying these trucks or a Corvette wants it.

The lifter deal is some bs. To me the only plus side is atleast the bad ones seem to mostly fail pretty early. Let's be real though it's mostly thanks to the wonderful government. I'm sure GM would love to just do away with cylinder deactivation. It's not like anyone buying these trucks or a Corvette wants it.
all true but how come no official recall? friggin scam. you are getting the same faulty parts installed under warranty. the cycle wont stop. im glad there is a class action. fu mary barra.

Update; it was a faulty coil pack on cylinder 4. They replaced it so hopefully no more issues. I also got the rear fender liners I ordered when I first bought my truck in 2022. Nothing like waiting a year and a half. They look great at least.

Thankfully you didn’t have to wait long for parts.
No doubt. I’m somewhat lucky that my dealership is one of the quietest in my city so their service bay is relatively idle. I was in a suburb of Vancouver when my Check Engine Light went off and the local GM dealership in Abbotsford didn’t have a spot available in their service center for more than a week, and there was no way I could leave my truck there for that long.
Paying for my OnStar subscription paid off when GM roadside service towed it all the way to my dealership, no charge to me, so, at least there was that. Funny thing is I forgot to cancel my complimentary OnStar subscription that I got as an apology for not having my steering wheel heater chip available at launch. Best case scenario in my opinion.
Here’s hoping I don’t run into any more problems but these two incidents have definitely shaken my confidence in GM’s quality control.

Most Member Reactions

Back