Another day, another Silverado price increase.

The ZR2 base price is up ANOTHER $1300. This is after GM raised prices $1200 earlier this month. Oh, and they still don't have chips for these trucks.
I'm can't even get my order accepted to lock in any pricing.
Yep, this happened over the weekend of the 12th of this month. When the quote price disappeared off the web site and then showed up again on Tuesday it was $1300 higher. I pointed that out in the "who has taken delivery" thread. One of the dealers I spoke with said it does not make a difference if you even have a price quote and deposit down they are going with the latest factory price. I suppose we shall see.

Last edited:
I’m curious because it doesn’t show that price increase on chevys website.
Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 6.56.09 PM.png

Maybe you need to clear your cache.. $69295 is the new price.

Yep, this happened over the weekend of the 12th of this month. When the quote price disappeared off the web site and then showed up again on Tuesday it was $1300 higher. I pointed that out in the "who has taken delivery" thread. One of the dealers I spoke with said it does not make a difference if you even have a price quote and deposit down they are going with the latest factory price. I suppose we shall see.
Sold order types should be price protected

I built @ 68kish in store with features I wanted, and if I can't get it at that I'm walking away from the deal and going to the Toyota dealership. I've been looking forward to this Truck for a long time but I'm not willing to pay an arm and a leg at this point.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220325-220048_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325-220048_Gallery.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 65
I built @ 68kish in store with features I wanted, and if I can't get it at that I'm walking away from the deal and going to the Toyota dealership. I've been looking forward to this Truck for a long time but I'm not willing to pay an arm and a leg at this point.
My truck was built for around the same price I feel exactly the same way just wish GM would stop screwing with our emotions we all are looking at a hell of a lot of money for this truck.

The nearest truck with the options I want is advertised at over 80k. I have half a mind to call the dealer and ask them why this is priced so far above MSRP

Because dealers don't realize that people remember when dealers are a-holes during the rough times.

I have an opportunity to get a ZR2 - but not built yet - although at status 3000. But I'm really struggling with GM's pricing. I was going to get an AT4 and my pricing went up almost 3K since my order was entered. And you are not price protected. As all the economist are saying a recession is looking very very probable, maybe in 6 months GM will be offering $5K rebates to move these units.

I really want a truck as I sold my Tacoma, but not going to be stupid. Back last year I ordered a 2022 Rubicon XR - with no money down and the unit will be built in the next couple of weeks. Touring with the idea of taking it and getting a trailer - only need it for the weekends - and yes, the price went up $2500 since last October and I'm price protected :) I'm buying the unit for below $59K with the dealer fee and the sticker is over $67K

I have an opportunity to get a ZR2 - but not built yet - although at status 3000. But I'm really struggling with GM's pricing. I was going to get an AT4 and my pricing went up almost 3K since my order was entered. And you are not price protected. As all the economist are saying a recession is looking very very probable, maybe in 6 months GM will be offering $5K rebates to move these units.

I really want a truck as I sold my Tacoma, but not going to be stupid. Back last year I ordered a 2022 Rubicon XR - with no money down and the unit will be built in the next couple of weeks. Touring with the idea of taking it and getting a trailer - only need it for the weekends - and yes, the price went up $2500 since last October and I'm price protected :) I'm buying the unit for below $59K with the dealer fee and the sticker is over $67K
I ordered a Gobi Rubicon XR but ended up canceling after I gave it more thought. My current Wrangler JKU is too small for our needs and really need a full size pickup. I could of had it 5% under invoice. Personally I don’t think the ZR2 is a $70k truck. It’s a tough pill to swallow.

I ordered a Gobi Rubicon XR but ended up canceling after I gave it more thought. My current Wrangler JKU is too small for our needs and really need a full size pickup. I could of had it 5% under invoice. Personally I don’t think the ZR2 is a $70k truck. It’s a tough pill to swallow.
You are correct ! My new Rubicon XR is in the production as we speak; received the build sheet on Thursday. I hope to get it in a few weeks - who knows as shipping has been taking at least 2 - 4 weeks. and going to flip it for $7K - $8K+ profit.

Same thing goes for the GMC line - AT4/AT4X/Denali - I saw yesterday someone posted they had to pay $5K over for an AT4X or not take it. I would have walked away. We're in the same boat and now leaning towards a basic work truck or even the new Tundra. I'm a GM / GMC fan - I just got a new C8 Corvette but pricing is out of control and you do even get all the features in the vehicle you ordered - heated steering wheel, heated / ventailed seats, rear park assist, etc. GM knows they have the base, and all they do is keep stringing all of us along and peppering in price increases here and there.

Mine was fully optioned and I didn't pay 70k. It definitely is worth what I paid for it. The capability and technology for the money isn't really matched elsewhere. You get a dedicated off roader or a pavement princess at this price with other brands. With the ZR2, you don't sacrifice on or off-road. It's a great balance.

Last edited:
Mine was fully optioned and I didn't pay 70k. It definitely is worth what I paid for it. The capability and technology for the money isn't really matched elsewhere. You get a dedicated off roader or a pavement princess at this price with other brands. With the ZR2, you don't sacrifice on or off-road. It's a great balance.
For 70k I feel like you’re getting a $60k Trail Boss with better suspension. From the outside it looks nearly identical and has the exact same engine. For their top tier performance truck I feel it should have more. Even the Colorado has better optional gearing. 3.42 vs 3.23

Most Member Reactions

Back