Auto Climate Control

securityguy

Reaction score
Maybe I just never noticed it before I had my update at the dealer, but now, when my truck is in AUTO, the blower comes on full speed at start up and then after about a minute, the fan speed goes WAY down. Even if I decrease the temp from 72 to 65 (or LO), the fan speed remains constant. If I hit the fan up or down button, and then reengage AUTO, it then works as it should. Maybe I have a bad controller or the update changed something. Anyone else experiencing this? Going into the shop to have them look at it and get their thoughts regardless. Thanks for any input guys!

Maybe I just never noticed it before I had my update at the dealer, but now, when my truck is in AUTO, the blower comes on full speed at start up and then after about a minute, the fan speed goes WAY down. Even if I decrease the temp from 72 to 65 (or LO), the fan speed remains constant. If I hit the fan up or down button, and then reengage AUTO, it then works as it should. Maybe I have a bad controller or the update changed something. Anyone else experiencing this? Going into the shop to have them look at it and get their thoughts regardless. Thanks for any input guys!
The setting likely got reset to default with the software update is all. Let us know if changing the setting in settings solved it.

The setting likely got reset to default with the software update is all. Let us know if changing the setting in settings solved it.
I just checked it. It was set to MEDIUM versus HIGH. Never thought to look there so thanks for the push. I'll take her out later and it should now be fine. Forgot that setting even existed.

I just checked it. It was set to MEDIUM versus HIGH. Never thought to look there so thanks for the push. I'll take her out later and it should now be fine. Forgot that setting even existed.
Just an update...even with it set to default at high, it still operates the same. On my list for my next dealer visit.

I actually tried mine on the low setting and it seems more civilized.

Now that I've been running my air a lot, I'm getting that funky moldy odor from time to time after several minutes of run time. Had this on some previous rigs, but not the last two. I hate that shit and don't like having to spray in the cleaner air freshener.

Last edited:

Now that I've been running my air a lot, I'm getting that funky moldy odor feom time to time after several minutes of run time. Had this on some previous rigs, but not the last two. I hate that shit and don't like having to spray in the cleaner air freshener.
I've found that running the HVAC on vent for a little bit before shutdown gets rid of that smell. I don't have to run mine as much as you do though.

Reactions: AXE

Now that I've been running my air a lot, I'm getting that funky moldy odor from time to time after several minutes of run time. Had this on some previous rigs, but not the last two. I hate that shit and don't like having to spray in the cleaner air freshener.
Curious if it’s the smell, or is it that the air is no longer cold for a brief moment, and then gets cold again? I’ve noticed some thing, intermittently on mine, but haven’t seen enough of a pattern to be able to figure it out yet. I definitely notice it because the temperature of the air changes, but I don’t recall if there was a change in smell or not. Curious what you were experiencing

Curious if it’s the smell, or is it that the air is no longer cold for a brief moment, and then gets cold again? I’ve noticed some thing, intermittently on mine, but haven’t seen enough of a pattern to be able to figure it out yet. I definitely notice it because the temperature of the air changes, but I don’t recall if there was a change in smell or not. Curious what you were experiencing
Yeah, it's weird because for me it occurs after the system has run for a while. Seems like condensation building up and then getting smelly. It was so bad the other day, I thought I was gonna have to open the windows, then it disappeared.

I had this issue with a 2005 and 2007 Chevy, but not since. Occasionally I would blast a shot of lysol into the vents and it would quit for a few weeks. Then slowly come back. This ZR2 seems a little different, possibly worse.

I started running the air in late February, so it's had some time to accumulate.

Yeah, it's weird because for me it occurs after the system has run for a while. Seems like condensation building up and then getting smelly. It was so bad the other day, I thought I was gonna have to open the windows, then it disappeared.

I had this issue with a 2005 and 2007 Chevy, but not since. Occasionally I would blast a shot of lysol into the vents and it would quit for a few weeks. Then slowly come back. This ZR2 seems a little different, possibly worse.

I started running the air in late February, so it's had some time to accumulate.
have you looked at changing your cabin air filter?

Just wondering for those that are experiencing odor from the HVAC system, is condensation draining to the ground when you run the AC? If it’s not draining that may be causing your odor issue. I’ve had my ZR2 almost a year now and have never experienced an odor issue with the AC. Just a thought 💭

have you looked at changing your cabin air filter?
I might pull it and check it out, but I only have 2300 miles on my rig. They get dusty around these parts, never seen mold.

Mine pukes out a lot of water but seems like a strange spot between motor and transmission. Might be running along frame. I'm used to seeing it behind wheel well.

Temps have been lower last few days, no smell when air isn't working as hard.

Curious if you ever got this issue resolved? I'm having the exact same issue and was hoping to relay the fix to dealer when I take it in.

Extremely frustrating when it's 110 outside here and it dips down to a whisper.

Curious if you ever got this issue resolved? I'm having the exact same issue and was hoping to relay the fix to dealer when I take it in.

Extremely frustrating when it's 110 outside here and it dips down to a whisper.
No resolution and not expecting one :( I hate that about this truck...no reason for it at all.

I find that if you hit the hang up phone button twice it goes back to full, it thinks that a phone is being accesed and cuts the fan

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back