Auto high beams won’t engage

wutang61

Founding Member
Reaction score
Auto high beams seem to be inoperable. Was able to enable them exactly one time via the staulk and once the key cycled that was that.

Just curious if anyone else has had the issue. Global B Growing pains

They won't engage as long as your fog lights are on. I hate that, because I always run with the fogs on.

They won't engage as long as your fog lights are on. I hate that, because I always run with the fogs on.
I am absolutely stunned at the stupidity of that.

Reminds me of how Janky the HUD is in these trucks. Change the song? Nah. You won’t see that unless you have the music center screen in the dash. No tach read out. Nothing.

I hope a mod comes along to jump the fogs to run with full power DRL’s and grill lights. The button on the dash can be a dummy switch for all I care.

That's one of the reasons I didn't order the Tech package. I test drove a truck with the heads up display. I always wear polarized sunglasses and the HUD was totally washed out. I could barely see it with my sunglasses on.

That's one of the reasons I didn't order the Tech package. I test drove a truck with the heads up display. I always wear polarized sunglasses and the HUD was totally washed out. I could barely see it with my sunglasses on.
Good info, I always wear polarized
Oakleys. Glad I opted out of the tech package as that was the only option I thought would be cool.

Polarization does play hell with the readout. As does the Florida sun and the overwhelmingly bright environment. Best mod for HUD is a tinted shield. Increases the visibility 10 fold.

Attachments

• 703F38E9-EB60-4136-B03D-95ACC238551D.jpeg
    703F38E9-EB60-4136-B03D-95ACC238551D.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 98
Polarization does play hell with the readout. As does the Florida sun and the overwhelmingly bright environment. Best mod for HUD is a tinted shield. Increases the visibility 10 fold.
interesting. I was against the windshield tint mostly because I don't want it to reduce my visibility at night, but 100% agree with the sunglasses - I drive multiple vehicles that have the HUD, and I forget it's even there because I'm always wearing polarized sunglasses and they make it almost disappear.

If I go light tint on the windshield (say 70% or something), will it offset what I lose with the sunglasses?

interesting. I was against the windshield tint mostly because I don't want it to reduce my visibility at night, but 100% agree with the sunglasses - I drive multiple vehicles that have the HUD, and I forget it's even there because I'm always wearing polarized sunglasses and they make it almost disappear.

If I go light tint on the windshield (say 70% or something), will it offset what I lose with the sunglasses?
My local Tint guy is pretty particular on what he recommends regarding film. He’s extremely anal on film clarity. My Truck uses Vortex IR 15% front and back and it’s what he recommends for vertical glass.

Highest Heat rejection on the market.

But when it comes to shields, his go to is CTX 50%. It’s one of the clearest films on the market when it comes to image distortion. As raked windows can cause a slight film grain effect with certain products with a high angle of slope like windshields.

Now this is him being absurdly anal but I trust his professional opinion.

I always recommend 50% for anyone playing with the idea of windshield tint. It’s effect at night is minimal and the glare reduction from oncoming headlights is substantial.

15% on the driver window, 50% on the Shield in that picture. I don’t even wear sunglasses while driving.

Taking it back next week for the strip across the top now that the film has dried

Attachments

• F8B1CCC0-87B9-4965-B4DD-F3F3E6CB6C8F.jpeg
    F8B1CCC0-87B9-4965-B4DD-F3F3E6CB6C8F.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 20C14FEC-3350-481F-BE9B-5A31DB32F95D.jpeg
    20C14FEC-3350-481F-BE9B-5A31DB32F95D.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 63E84EE1-4F4D-43A3-B5FB-14EE223CB367.jpeg
    63E84EE1-4F4D-43A3-B5FB-14EE223CB367.jpeg
    386.1 KB · Views: 70

Most Member Reactions

Back