Auto-ON Fog Light Feature

securityguy

Reaction score
I am one that loves to have my fogs on when my headlights turn on automatically. Unfortunately, in the truck, there was no way to do that since the fog switch is electronic. I ran across this very simple device that takes 5 minutes to install under the dash near the dead-pedal. I installed mine yesterday and it works as advertised. Whenever the parking lights or headlights are turned on, the fogs automatically turn on as well. May seem trivial since you can simply press the fog light button, but it's really no different that not wanting to press the Auto SS button to turn that off every darn time I get into my truck. I like this to automatically happen. This is a great and cheap mod for those that also want your fogs on without having to "press a button" :)

1999-2023-gm-auto-fogs-mod

Last edited:
I am one the loves to have my fogs on when my headlights turn on automatically. Unfortunately, in the truck, there was no way to do that since the fog switch is electronic. I ran across this very simple device that takes 5 minutes to install under the dash near the dead-pedal. I installed mine yesterday and it works as advertised. Whenever the parking lights or headlights are turned on, the fogs automatically turn on as well. May seem trivial since you can simply press the fog light button, but it's really no different that not wanting to press the Auto SS button to turn that off every darn time I get into my truck. I like this to automatically happen. This is a great and cheap mod for those that also want your fogs on without having to "press a button" :)

1999-2023-gm-auto-fogs-mod
I’m curious, how does this effect the DRL “brightness”? Are they still controlled by the sun load sensor in the dash or do they become permanently “dimmed”

Appreciated.

I’m curious, how does this effect the DRL “brightness”? Are they still controlled by the sun load sensor in the dash or do they become permanently “dimmed”

Appreciated.
It has no impact on the DRLs. All this does is turn on the fogs when the parking lights or headlights are turned on...nothing more.

I bought that same mod, But I wired it in has the all lights on deal. So when my auto high beams cut on it also turns on my fog lights. I also like to have my fog lights on often, But I don't really want them on anytime my parking/running lights are on. I actually use my parking lights pretty often as actual parking lights lol.

This guys has done a bunch to his ride, including the spot lights

I bought that same mod, But I wired it in has the all lights on deal. So when my auto high beams cut on it also turns on my fog lights. I also like to have my fog lights on often, But I don't really want them on anytime my parking/running lights are on. I actually use my parking lights pretty often as actual parking lights lol.
I don't think I have ever used just my parking lights in 30 years :)

I don't think I have ever used just my parking lights in 30 years :)
I pick up my kids from band and soccer. It's often dark and lots of other vehicles picking up their kids. Parking lights make it easier for them to find me in the crowd. Same time sitting with my headlights on blinding other people sitting in little cars waiting on their kids isn't cool.

I pick up my kids from band and soccer. It's often dark and lots of other vehicles picking up their kids. Parking lights make it easier for them to find me in the crowd. Same time sitting with my headlights on blinding other people sitting in little cars waiting on their kids isn't cool.
Totally get it!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back