Auto Stop/Start Mod Fix for $140

Bro we share the same thought but considering the "good" scripts I'm on, I'd arrest myself :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
back in the day when I was a LEO (mid -1990s), our DUI task force would be my "designated driver" on the rare weekend night I'd go out. I'd call them and they'd pick me from whatever location I was at, take me to my next destination and we'd repeat until they dropped me at home at the end of the night haha. I don't think you could get away with that these days.

After installation and waiting the required time I tried it out this morning and it works great! One thing I noticed, on cold/cool mornings my heated seat and steering wheel automatically turn on. Not this morning (41 degrees). I saw the lights flash, but that was it. I'm not complaining as I usually turned them off, but was not expecting the smart stop device to turn those off as well.

back in the day when I was a LEO (mid -1990s), our DUI task force would be my "designated driver" on the rare weekend night I'd go out. I'd call them and they'd pick me from whatever location I was at, take me to my next destination and we'd repeat until they dropped me at home at the end of the night haha. I don't think you could get away with that these days.
You played it smart and got your ride home. No Sir those days are long gone. I came on at the cusp of the transition and managed to stay employed for 17yrs...been off since Dec 2022 due to injuries and medical retirement next year...Wish I joined about 10yrs earlier to enjoy more of the freedom that was available and seen as "normal" back then.

After installation and waiting the required time I tried it out this morning and it works great! One thing I noticed, on cold/cool mornings my heated seat and steering wheel automatically turn on. Not this morning (41 degrees). I saw the lights flash, but that was it. I'm not complaining as I usually turned them off, but was not expecting the smart stop device to turn those off as well.
The seat settings on auto start are in the settings...have you checked that before ruling it out? They may have defaulted...anything is possible with electronics.

Reactions: AXE
The auto SS has zero to do with your issue above. @FuzzLife is SPOT ON!

The seat settings on auto start are in the settings...have you checked that before ruling it out? They may have defaulted...anything is possible with electronics.
I can’t find the seat settings in the settings. What are they under?

Ok so here is my feedback after driving the truck for a few days:

The Auto Stop/Start relay works flawlessly! I am really loving not having to press that damn button each time I start up. I know many of you had this relay and a few of you purchased it after I posted and installed it while I was still unable to drive mine but everything you guys said was spot on. What a great product!!! Now lets see how long the thing lasts.

Also, don't forget to remove it each time you take your trucks in for service or repairs at the dealership. Not sure if this would void any warranty but better to be safe than sorry. What they don't see, can't hurt you.

Ok so here is my feedback after driving the truck for a few days:

The Auto Stop/Start relay works flawlessly! I am really loving not having to press that damn button each time I start up. I know many of you had this relay and a few of you purchased it after I posted and installed it while I was still unable to drive mine but everything you guys said was spot on. What a great product!!! Now lets see how long the thing lasts.

Also, don't forget to remove it each time you take your trucks in for service or repairs at the dealership. Not sure if this would void any warranty but better to be safe than sorry. What they don't see, can't hurt you.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. No reason to remove it for service at all. My dealer actually had to replace my battery and never said a word. Mine has been in a year and zero issues. It also has a 3-year warranty.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back