BendPack 4 Post Lift Installed

Well I lied a little. I never uses stands on the front. But the amount of jacking is the same. I always put the rear up on stands. Removed both tires then jack up the front one side at a time swapping the tire on the front while it was just on the jack. Put the tires on the rear than jack it back up to remove the stands.

On the lift I just raise the truck tires a couple inches and use long prybar to slide the tires off and back onto the truck. Swapped the wheels and tires on one of my kids trucks the other day the same way. I might pick up something like this. Just because why not lol. Seems like it would make the task even easier whether using a lift or a floor jack.
Limited-time deal: Aain DY016 Heavy-Duty Adjustable Tire Wheel Dolly for Workshop, Garage, Orange https://a.co/d/5DKn3TW

Well I lied a little. I never uses stands on the front. But the amount of jacking is the same. I always put the rear up on stands. Removed both tires then jack up the front one side at a time swapping the tire on the front while it was just on the jack. Put the tires on the rear than jack it back up to remove the stands.

On the lift I just raise the truck tires a couple inches and use long prybar to slide the tires off and back onto the truck. Swapped the wheels and tires on one of my kids trucks the other day the same way. I might pick up something like this. Just because why not lol. Seems like it would make the task even easier whether using a lift or a floor jack.
Limited-time deal: Aain DY016 Heavy-Duty Adjustable Tire Wheel Dolly for Workshop, Garage, Orange https://a.co/d/5DKn3TW
Yeah that dolly would help with oversized tires and wheels.

Not sure those rolling jacks will help much with large tires on the four post lift. They end up off the ground so there will be some more muscling than finesse. Not sure the tire dolly would work either.

I usually end up sitting on my ass and lifting the tires with my toes/feet so I can guide the lugs easier. Makes it easier. But as I get older, it loses it's appeal.

You can see my last Duramax barely fits width wise on the 4 post lift. So a two post would have advantages there too.

Attachments

• 20240518_122643.jpg
    20240518_122643.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 11
I use to squat down hold the rim and use my forearms on my knees for leverage. But yes as I've gotten older I use a low profile jack or a long pry bar to put them on. Makes it pretty easy, but my neighbor has a wheel dolly simular to that one. It's like a cheat code. Lever the tire up and then you can spin it on the dolly to align the studs.

Advantage 11,000lb 4 post

I have looked at various brands/sizes, and I keep coming back to this one. Anyone have experience with Advantage/Backyard Buddy lifts?

A smaller lift would work for what I have now, but who knows what future toys/activities may come my way! I would probably add a rolling jack, that and the included rolling jack tray and a couple of bottle jacks could lift the entire vehicle if ever needed.

Got the HD ZR2 up in the air for it's second oil change at 4 k miles. Gonna switch to Rotella T6 synthetic 15W40 now.

Attachments

• 20240610_090020.jpg
    20240610_090020.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240610_093901.jpg
    20240610_093901.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240610_090457.jpg
    20240610_090457.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 13
Nice, a buddy came over yesterday and we did brakes all the way around on his Mazda 3. Lol how does that saying go? If you want to see your friends more often buy a lift or a trailer, 🤣
I took delivery of a couple roller jacks today. Probably gonna set them up later this week. Will probably rotate my tires before I head back south.

I greased the steering rack for the second time today. Dropped that front skid and it was very easy up on the lift. One thing l learned is that Bison skid is some beefy material.

Last edited:
I took delivery of a couple roller jacks today. Probably gonna set them up later this week. Will probably rotate my tires before I head back south.
Curious to hear your thoughts on this! This is my current plan. 4 post plus roller jacks seems like the best single option.

Haven't used the bridge jacks yet, but got them installed. Bendpak makes some really nice equipment. They should work well.

These are heavy and come shipped on a pallet. Had to use the Bobcat to unload them from delivery truck and lift them from the packing crate to the rails.

Attachments

• 20240612_205513.jpg
    20240612_205513.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 11

Most Member Reactions

Back