Bison VS ZR2 skidplates

I'm gonna order one right now. Since the skid plate will protect it, I don't have to worry about knocking it off.
I had a Ronin Factory one on my F-150. The main part stayed in the pan , and It had and insert that screwed into it and I put a hose on it to keep it off the tie rod. When finished there was a cap that screwed on to cover the valve. Very nice. I paid $ 80.00 for it if I remember correctly.

I'm gonna order one right now. Since the skid plate will protect it, I don't have to worry about knocking it off.
That's was the one thing I was always worried about. I put one on my boys Toyota Tacoma. It was the low profile version, but still sat in a vulnerable spot. I was under there checking stuff and noticed they came within about 2 inches of hitting it pretty hard. I asked them if they ever inspected it after that hit and they just looked at me like they hadn't been told before.

I never had any issues on my Chevy trucks and Tahoes. Put a couple on some Rams too. None see heavy offroad action, but they do get offroad and never a problem. I always carried my drain plug in case of a problem. Never ever had a leak. Just make sure you tighten it correctly. If you have a crows foot attachment you can get a torque wrench on it.

Last edited:
Hit up Talons garage or pinnacle offroad for legit skid plates- you can get a full set for sub 1k

Reactions: AXE
HD Bison skids are regular stamped steel like the bumpers. No Boron.

"Additional stamped steel underbody skidplates protect the transfer case, steering gear, and exhaust system."

"The HD Bison’s skid plates are made out of a more common stamped steel, not Boron steel hot-stamped material."

Last edited:
I'm not sure what boron steel does anyway, but the skids on my HD are built like a brick shithouse. They seem like they would take a lot of abuse.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back