Caliper Covers

securityguy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts on these or have used something similar? Thinking they may look super sharp on my BLACK ZR2! 3-year warranty and powder coated aerospace aluminum.

https://www.calipercovers.com/produ...{"_id":"bolts_on"},"color":{"_id":"silver"}}}

Another option that can be customized based a persons preference. The price is more, but I have them and have not had any issues. Also, very easy to install.

I did the MGP covers with ZR2 on them. The ones you mentioned look really good. I like the way they simulate the Brembo look of the caliper body. I may just have to swap out😎

I just ordered them...was told if I don't like them, they will even pay for the return shipping. I do think these look FAR nicer (and more "real" looking) than the MGP. I like that MGP offers an option for an embossed ZR2; however, that would mean these t wins would cost almost double what I paid...oo crazy even for me. For those that have put them on, what did you find as the easiest way to do it. Jack stands? Just jack up a tire at a time? Interested in your thoughts my friends. Thanks!

Last edited:
They came today and got them installed. Very happy with the look and the quality of the components. The fronts have a small section that it spot welded that you need to snap off to use these on the ZR2 wheels. They snap off fairly easily so no big deal at all.

ZR2 Brake1.jpg

ZR2 Brake2.jpg

ZR2 Brake3.jpg

ZR2 Brake4.jpg

I wish they came in a different color
Check these out then...different color choices:

Check these out then...different color choices:

To me the MGP look cheap

I am looking at the MGP one's are we thinking they look cheap by the cartoon on the website lol or does anyone have actual pictures of them? I checked out a couple videos they look pretty much the same as the proven ground ones. This is the video from SEMA and I watched a couple videos reviewing after 1 year or 2 years of ownership people seem to like em. I wonder if they are made from the same material I didn't see any specs on grade or type of material for either.

1676564389109.png

I am looking at the MGP one's are we thinking they look cheap by the cartoon on the website lol or does anyone have actual pictures of them? I checked out a couple videos they look pretty much the same as the proven ground ones. This is the video from SEMA and I watched a couple videos reviewing after 1 year or 2 years of ownership people seem to like em. I wonder if they are made from the same material I didn't see any specs on grade or type of material for either.

View attachment 1822
They are NIGHT & DAY from the Proven Grounds. The MGP's have fake painted screws and no bleeder valve or stainless hose . In addition, the PG units have real stainless hex screws that give the appearance of a BREMBO-type product. If you want too see real pics, go to www.americantrucks.com

They are both made from aircraft grade aluminum and powder coated.

They are NIGHT & DAY from the Proven Grounds. The MGP's have fake painted screws and no bleeder valve or stainless hose . In addition, the PG units have real stainless hex screws that give the appearance of a BREMBO-type product. If you want too see real pics, go to www.americantrucks.com

They are both made from aircraft grade aluminum and powder coated.
OHHH I see I didn't know that american trucks had the real pics of both on their website the MGP ones do look a lot cheaper and obviously have less functionality with no valve.

I had the MGP covers on my 2014 Ram R/T and was very happy with them. I purchased a set for the ZR2 and again am quite happy with them. I like the fact that they cover the whole front of the caliper. Most people don’t even realize they’re just covers. I’ll say this, the ones from American Truck look cool with the addition of the contour and fake brake line ends. What I like about the MGP is you have choices in color and engraving. To each their own, but when it comes down to it, they’re both covers 🤷🏻‍♂️ I would like to see pictures of the American Truck covers without a wheel in the way, especially the front.

Attachments

• 4C6E751F-C2C4-458B-8115-303EFAF0D87C.jpeg
    4C6E751F-C2C4-458B-8115-303EFAF0D87C.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 73EFB3BE-CF6B-4C2A-AD72-3289BFFCD4F9.jpeg
    73EFB3BE-CF6B-4C2A-AD72-3289BFFCD4F9.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 74
Visit their site...you will find all the pics you want.
Looking at your pictures is what made me ask about a picture without the wheel. I circled what looks like exposed caliper showing through the wheel opening. I checked American Trucks website and Googled Proven Ground Red Caliper Covers. Didn’t come across any pictures of 22 or newer Chevy Silverado without a tire/wheel in the way.

Attachments

• 7550716D-EA80-4662-BCE4-3023B65B8239.jpeg
    7550716D-EA80-4662-BCE4-3023B65B8239.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 58
Looking at your pictures is what made me ask about a picture without the wheel. I circled what looks like exposed caliper showing through the wheel opening. I checked American Trucks website and Googled Proven Ground Red Caliper Covers. Didn’t come across any pictures of 22 or newer Chevy Silverado without a tire/wheel in the way.
That is correct. The covers do not fit all wheels without a slight modification. The website states that as well. The OEM wheels on the ZR2 require the bottom section of the front calipers only, as I stated in a prior thread, to be removed. This allows for a small section of caliper to become visible. I knew this going in as I read several reviews from folks that installed them on a 2022 Silverado. The MGP shouldn't have this issue as they are a different design. I don't like the MGP covers at all, so I was willing to make a small sacrifice. I have received several positive comments since I put them on and I do think they look great. Different strokes for different folks...buy what you like and what you think looks best.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back