RedRock intake

Hammerhead

Reaction score
Anyone have experience (or opinion) about this intake from Redrock?
Considering the Airaid Jr. to keep the stock air box, but saw this for even less $$.
I got the Airaid myself with the stock air box and I'm very happy with it.

Attachments

• 20230823_173755.jpg
    20230823_173755.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 24
Considering the Airaid Jr. to keep the stock air box, but saw this for even less $$.
Also, don't forget to get yourself a J&L oil separator to keep all that blow-by gunk from getting back into your engine via the PCV system.

Attachments

• 20230906_174907.jpg
    20230906_174907.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 15
Thx SeaHunt. I was going to go your route to get rid of that odd looking intake box thingy and make it look a little better. Just saw this one and figured I’d ask here. Already planning to get the oil separator. J&L is only about 4 miles from me and I had it on my GT500. Good product and amazing how much oil it catches.

Save your money. These open type CAI units are garbage and are more of a HOT AIR intake than CAI. I did an Airaid Jr. and believe I was the first to do so and posted it on this forum. The OEM airbox is actually very good and leaves the MAF in its stock position. Get a nice dry filter and call it a day. In reality, a CAI is just a bunch of hype and snake oil. The may look and sound good, but they do nothing as far as performance to your truck. This unit, as will the K&N, will hurt the performance based on its open filter design. Your money, do as you wish my friend.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back