Camera Don't Shut Off

Since I have ATT already, its 20$ a month.
You can actually get unlimited through GM for $200 a year, that would save you $40.

1708141943339.png

FWIW, If you get the connected vehicle deal Unlimited data and hotspot is 9.99 a month through AT&T. That's what I have. Remote access is 14 and the data is 9.99. So it is 24 a month total. You guys that have just a data plan, Does your my chevy app have all the remote functions?

FWIW, If you get the connected vehicle deal Unlimited data and hotspot is 9.99 a month through AT&T. That's what I have. Remote access is 14 and the data is 9.99. So it is 24 a month total. You guys that have just a data plan, Does your my chevy app have all the remote functions?
i have chevy app just for location and remote start.

Reactions: AXE
Those of you with “always on” camera function, do us a favor and post the radio software version you are on.

Curious if this update hasn’t been pushed out as of yet to older trucks.

My 22 is on Y167 image.jpg

Latest is Y171. No update avail via OTA.

The change logs for 168,169 and 171 don’t physically list that feature as a “change” or “improvement”

May have to borrow an MDI and flash up if we can confirm when the feature was added in which software version.

My Truck has all the remote functions.

Those of you with “always on” camera function, do us a favor and post the radio software version you are on.

Curious if this update hasn’t been pushed out as of yet to older trucks.

My 22 is on Y167 View attachment 10355

Latest is Y171. No update avail via OTA.

The change logs for 168,169 and 171 don’t physically list that feature as a “change” or “improvement”

May have to borrow an MDI and flash up if we can confirm when the feature was added in which software version.
As you can see from post #31 in this thread I have a newer kernel and build and I have the full camera functionality on the move, so it looks like it was in by kernel ab-204 and build Y169.3.2

Reactions: AXE
If I hit the camera icon they will stay on indefinitely too, and of course a reverse will cause them to come on and show rearward in reverse and forward in drive and then timeout after some amount of time and go back to my maps or whatever I had up before. Does yours work differently than that?

Something that surprises me is that my truck has a build date of 9/23 and arrived at dealer lot on 10/28/23, purchased on the same day as PDI was done of 10/30/23, and mine has kernel and build from back in March of Y169. I'm guessing that the infotainment systems must be loaded at assembly and not updated when installed, it's the only explanation I can think of to have software 6 months older than the truck when your build is from August, a month before mine was even built. I wonder if all these updates since the March Y169 version are all trying to fix the audio cutouts or what? Does anyone know where to see a changelog of what each build supposedly added/fixed? If so can I get a link to that info?

Something that surprises me is that my truck has a build date of 9/23 and arrived at dealer lot on 10/28/23, purchased on the same day as PDI was done of 10/30/23, and mine has kernel and build from back in March of Y169. I'm guessing that the infotainment systems must be loaded at assembly and not updated when installed, it's the only explanation I can think of to have software 6 months older than the truck when your build is from August, a month before mine was even built. I wonder if all these updates since the March Y169 version are all trying to fix the audio cutouts or what? Does anyone know where to see a changelog of what each build supposedly added/fixed? If so can I get a link to that info?
Mine was the exact same day and same version. The dealer is going to update next month.

i have chevy app just for location and remote start.
So just paying the 200 a year for unlimited data keeps the app remote functions? Shoot I need to switch my plan then lol. That's 88 bucks cheaper. I've always had remote access on my gm vehicles. So I did the Connected Vehicle because it was that plus data for only 10 bucks more. But if just a data plan does the same thing. No reason to have the package. I could care less about onstar. Keyfob functions in the app is all I use.

So just paying the 200 a year for unlimited data keeps the app remote functions? Shoot I need to switch my plan then lol. That's 88 bucks cheaper. I've always had remote access on my gm vehicles. So I did the Connected Vehicle because it was that plus data for only 10 bucks more. But if just a data plan does the same thing. No reason to have the package. I could care less about onstar. Keyfob functions in the app is all I use.
You can’t just sign up for the data plan without signing up for the on-star plan too.

With data alone you won't get the connected app, but you don't need a data plan to have the app work, in my last truck and in this new one I let the data expire and didn't renew, but the app works fine. In the new one I got connected functionality free for 3 years and it is called out on the Monroney label. I also called OnStar and cancelled a couple times on the old truck to finally get them to give me the full connected app functionality for $7something a month, when I had a problem with diag data not updating they refunded me each month until the issue was resolved, I asked if I could just stop paying instead of paying and then getting refunded and they said if I did I would lose my deal and that the best deal available now is $9something a month, so I called every 3 months on the old truck and told them I wanted the same deal I currently had and they would put it through at that price again. One of the keys to getting this stuff at a better price is to call and cancel and see what they will offer to keep you, it has worked ok and saved me a few dollars a month for the old truck, but the new one I won't have to mess with it until the free 3 years connected functions run out and they try to charge me the "arm and a leg" price.

Mine was the exact same day and same version. The dealer is going to update next month.
The only real issue I have with my system is the audio cutout a few times after I first start the truck, then it stops doing that for the most part, I want to wait until there is a good stable version people are using before I try to get updated, can you let me know how your update goes and what they update you to please? Thanks!

when my trial ran out, i was in the truck and called onstar services. they tried upselling me all the BS i dont want or use. i asked what plan do you offer that keeps nav operating outside of android auto. im set to re-up next month or 2. im curious if i can get the same. good luck my friend.

You can’t just sign up for the data plan without signing up for the on-star plan too.
Ahh Ok. The way some of the comments sounds. They just paid 200 a year for data and the app worked too. If that's the case with onstar, then the connected vehicle plan for 24 a month is still the best option for data and app functions.

when my trial ran out, i was in the truck and called onstar services. they tried upselling me all the BS i dont want or use. i asked what plan do you offer that keeps nav operating outside of android auto. im set to re-up next month or 2. im curious if i can get the same. good luck my friend.
The connected vehicle plan for 24 is on their website now. When I first got it on my 22. The only way to get that price was through the blue onstar button. Back then unlimited data was like 25 bucks alone. Or you could get 2gigs a month for less. I've heard you can get unlimited data alone with out wifi hotspot for 10 bucks a month through the blue button. But like I said, I want the app functions. I've had that for the last 12 years or so, lol. That alone now is 15 a month. So the 24.99 a month for that plus unlimited data/hotspot seems to be the best deal for me.

The connected vehicle plan for 24 is on their website now. When I first got it on my 22. The only way to get that price was through the blue onstar button. Back then unlimited data was like 25 bucks alone. Or you could get 2gigs a month for less. I've heard you can get unlimited data alone with out wifi hotspot for 10 bucks a month through the blue button. But like I said, I want the app functions. I've had that for the last 12 years or so, lol. That alone now is 15 a month. So the 24.99 a month for that plus unlimited data/hotspot seems to be the best deal for me.
good info!!🤘🤘

Most Member Reactions

Back