Camera Don't Shut Off

Hey @8ball_99, could you please snag a pic of the ZR2 Infotainment startup screen, I would be interested to see what that looks like, mine just has the same DIC main screen moon rocks with the bow tie animation on the infotainment screen.

@securityguy, absolutely buddy, I will get that info asap and post it up for you.

Hey @8ball_99, could you please snag a pic of the ZR2 Infotainment startup screen, I would be interested to see what that looks like, mine just has the same DIC main screen moon rocks with the bow tie animation on the infotainment screen.

@securityguy, absolutely buddy, I will get that info asap and post it up for you.
I guess not all the 24s have the same. This came up in another thread and I know AXE's HD has the same one as the 23s. I think there was a couple other posts where some had it on both screens. Some only had it on one. I guess it's still a little random even on the same model year

Hey @securityguy, can you please explain??? What exactly am I wrong about??? What could I be missing???
Please, learn me, durn ya!
And please forgive the poor video quality, I was doing all this rolling down the road by myself at 55+ in the dark.

View attachment 9600

No problem my friend. You can remove the like if you wish. Just another angry forum keyboard warrior puffing out his chest.
This is rich. Anyone who disagrees with you or has a different opinion you make quick work to belittle them. I take back the know it all. I was mistaken. Bully is probably more apt.

Anyhow sorry I hurt your feelings. But don’t worry I have not gave you enough thought to be angry.

This is rich. Anyone who disagrees with you or has a different opinion you make quick work to belittle them. I take back the know it all. I was mistaken. Bully is probably more apt.

Anyhow sorry I hurt your feelings. But don’t worry I have not gave you enough thought to be angry.
Just block me so you won't see my posts...that should get you excited. So you know, hightech and I are friends...his response was genuine and looking for insight. I don't belittle people...I say what I think is accurate until proven wrong. And when proven wrong, I admit it like a man. Not some @$$ that starts calling people names like you have ;)

Ehh, I think Chevrolet is all over the place on the infotainment system. I wouldn’t be surprised if they never get every owner on the same page.

Mine is a 2024 purchased November 30, 2023. I have full camera control at speed with no timing out, but I still have the bowtie splash screen. So long as I don’t have cutouts or connectivity issues, I think I’ll just leave it be.

Ehh, I think Chevrolet is all over the place on the infotainment system. I wouldn’t be surprised if they never get every owner on the same page.
No doubt my friend. We all have the same hardware so the only variable can be the variations of software loaded on these things as there have been so many "bugs" and "patches" that you may just be right. Hopefully GM will surprise us all :)

Hey @securityguy, can you please explain??? What exactly am I wrong about??? What could I be missing???
Please, learn me, durn ya!
And please forgive the poor video quality, I was doing all this rolling down the road by myself at 55+ in the dark.

View attachment 9600
I seen you hit a pedestrian!
I guess not all the 24s have the same. This came up in another thread and I know AXE's HD has the same one as the 23s. I think there was a couple other posts where some had it on both screens. Some only had it on one. I guess it's still a little random even on the same model year

Yep and I even have variable vehicles showing in the center DIC. My wife's Tahoe HC has a forest scene and her white diamond Tahoe drives through the woods like you're going hunting or fishing. I'm gonna get that one loaded up on my rigs so I can get back to nature more often!

I like a good forum argument. I don't take anything too personal. It's like when one of your family or friends say something you think is BS and you go back and forth with them. Sometimes they hear about it 20 years later.......LOL!

I always liked this one guys bio on X, he listed in his bio the following credential and it always made me laugh. He posted a lot in the finacial threads. He wasn't always right, but he was fun to read and I enjoyed his commentary.

"#1 Muted Account on Financial X"

First, I want to say that the startup animations that @8ball_99 and @glocktogo posted are the same, and they are the same as mine. I don't really consider the Infotainment screen to be "ZR2", but more "moon rocks" with bowtie logo, the DIC is clearly moon rocks with ZR2 logo, so am I correct that NO ONE has any kind of "ZR2" logo in the Infotainment startup animation?.

Secondly, @securityguy, here is my head unit info I can find, I'm not sure this is all of it, so if not let me know where I can find what you are looking for. I guess it is fair to say you were mistaken about this, but I look forward to you clarifying here in this thread. ;)

System1.jpg

System2.jpg

First, I want to say that the startup animations that @8ball_99 and @glocktogo posted are the same, and they are the same as mine. I don't really consider the Infotainment screen to be "ZR2", but more "moon rocks" with bowtie logo, the DIC is clearly moon rocks with ZR2 logo, so am I correct that NO ONE has any kind of "ZR2" logo in the Infotainment startup animation?.

Secondly, @securityguy, here is my head unit info I can find, I'm not sure this is all of it, so if not let me know where I can find what you are looking for. I guess it is fair to say you were mistaken about this, but I look forward to you clarifying here in this thread. ;)

View attachment 9603
View attachment 9604

Correct. By ZR2 screen, I meant it is the dirt and the dirt/ red bowtie. My 2022 had the gold splash screen on both. In 23 they added the ZR2/dirt one to the dash cluster, but the center was still the gold one. So the two screens didn't match at all. The two screens showing dirt and the red bow tie is what I meant by matching ZR2 screens. The bow tie on the center screen is on all versions that I know of.. just some have the gold one. The red bowtie with the dirt background is as matching as it gets as far as I know.

All the guys trying to get the Zr2 update on their Dash is only on the instrument cluster. The center has been staying with the gold animation.

Mine is a 2024 purchased November 30, 2023. I have full camera control at speed with no timing out, but I still have the bowtie splash screen. So long as I don’t have cutouts or connectivity issues, I think I’ll just leave it be.

Just got my Camera software and Radio Software updated and now the Camera's dont time out anymore.

As a bonus, the truck now has Alexa. Maybe its not a bonus! Also have a bunch of new apps available on google play for download.
I just can't bring myself to pay for the data plan to be able to use that stuff, if it isn't available through apple carplay or android auto I won't be using it.

Most Member Reactions

Back