Cold air intake

oilmoneymerch

Reaction score
Has anyone done the upgraded cold air intake, im in California and not sure if i can even order one here smh but theres ways around that, im curious as to if its even worth the hassle of getting one, i feel the 6.2L would really like it, anyone got anything for this topic? I really appreciate all the info that i read from everyone on here yall are great, thanks for all the positive feed back so far!

Has anyone done the upgraded cold air intake, im in California and not sure if i can even order one here smh but theres ways around that, im curious as to if its even worth the hassle of getting one, i feel the 6.2L would really like it, anyone got anything for this topic? I really appreciate all the info that i read from everyone on here yall are great, thanks for all the positive feed back so far!
My friend did an S&B on his 2021 5.3 liter. The air mass sensor didn't like it and he kept getting an engine light. Took it off.

Get the Air Raid Junior. Several threads on it. Cold air box is already there.

Has anyone done the upgraded cold air intake, im in California and not sure if i can even order one here smh but theres ways around that, im curious as to if its even worth the hassle of getting one, i feel the 6.2L would really like it, anyone got anything for this topic? I really appreciate all the info that i read from everyone on here yall are great, thanks for all the positive feed back so

prob do better with Ulimate9. forum search with good info

I have the K&N Black Hawk and have had no issues with it. I have a 2023 6.2L.

They look pretty, but no increase worth mentioning. It can actually hurt your performance. In addition, relocating the MAF can also create issues. The STOCK air box is great and not worth changing. If you want to clean up the engine bay, do the Airaid Jr kit I mentioned quite a while a go. It leaves the factory air box and MAF in stock position.

ZR2 Airbox2.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with Securitguy here on all points. The stock air box is literally a ram air set up from a high pressure area in the lower grill.

I’ll be adding the Airaid Junior Kit only because it looks tidy. I’m going into it knowing that and expecting zero performance improvement.

While it reduces performance......
How? Air is air, fuel is fuel! There's always performance gains when you increase fuel and air. If you haven't been on a dyno you'll never know. Show me one dyno test on a 6.2L motor that lost power after a CAI. You might not gain enough to notice, but you not likely losing power or any other performance variable.

Last edited:
How? Air is air, fuel is fuel! There's always performance gains when you increase fuel and air. If you haven't been on a dyno you'll never know. Show me one dyno test on a 6.2L motor that lost power after a CAI. You might not gain enough to notice, but you ain't losing power or any other performance variable.
He’s on a mission to rid the world from CAIs…doing the Lords work man. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Most Member Reactions

Back