Correct Nox-Rust model # for frame coating?

masonk4566

Reaction score
Have seen countless threads saying I need to use Daubert Nox-Rust on my frame from time to time. On their website there is a thousand different models of Nox-Rust. The one I came across is X121-B Aerosol. Added a pic for a better look. Anyone know if this is the correct coating to match factory? Or if they use a different model of the Nox-Rust? I’m going to try and call tomorrow to confirm with them. If I got ahold of the dealership would they by chance have an exact # on the stuff they use? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4017.png
    IMG_4017.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 19
Have seen countless threads saying I need to use Daubert Nox-Rust on my frame from time to time. On their website there is a thousand different models of Nox-Rust. The one I came across is X121-B Aerosol. Added a pic for a better look. Anyone know if this is the correct coating to match factory? Or if they use a different model of the Nox-Rust? I’m going to try and call tomorrow to confirm with them. If I got ahold of the dealership would they by chance have an exact # on the stuff they use? Thanks
i like it.

I don't know but I used something else and HuntRedi used something else. We both think it worked great. Search for the thread on it.

Yes. Based on my research a number of years ago, GM applies the following on the frame from the factory.

Nox-Rust® X-121B​

I’ve had great luck with it on older GM trucks fully reapplying (early 2000’s) and touch up on new trucks. Many options out there for rust prevention…I use Fluid Film in door cavities and various other areas but it will pull the factory applied frame wax off.

How often it needs to be applied to the truck?

This is what I used from ebay. Went on nice and smooth dried evenly. It's still soft, but isn't as gummy and messy as the stock wax.

Attachments

• 20231110_124404.jpg
    20231110_124404.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 9
How often it needs to be applied to the truck?
Mileage will vary based on conditions, use, whether you periodically touch it up, etc.

my experience has been years between broad applications in the Midwest under normal driving, lots of farm, and hunting use - I do occasionally touch up if I see marks on the frame while doing an oil change or something.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back