Corsa Exhaust Now Available

Brown truck dropped off the goods. Going to try best to get it installed this week at work.
IMG_2212.jpeg

Stayed after work today and did the install. Very simple. Took less than 2 hours setup to cleanup.

Took a few pics of the system for your enjoyment. Had a truck full of groceries so sound clips were not possible.

On the 20 mile ride home though, I will say it’s a very strange experience.

The amount of noise the system doesn’t make inside the truck is some kind of witchcraft. I would argue the intake noise from the CAI is louder than the exhaust under wide open throttle with the windows up.

All of the sound the truck makes seems to magically appear behind the tailgate.

Cold starts…Yes. They are loud. Warm starts are much more civil. I’ll need some seat time to have a proper opinion of the system.

jekyll and hyde so far. Good stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_2217.jpeg
    IMG_2217.jpeg
    441.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2214.jpeg
    IMG_2214.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2216.jpeg
    IMG_2216.jpeg
    426.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2220.jpeg
    IMG_2220.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2221.jpeg
    IMG_2221.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2223.jpeg
    IMG_2223.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2225.jpeg
    IMG_2225.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2231.mov
    11.9 MB
Looks like a really nice system. Always hard to say with sound clips, but I didn't think the start up noise sounded too bad. I sort of like hearing that initial blast. I think these things just blast a lot of air on cold start when it hammers into high idle from jump street.

I think my Magnaflow system sounded better after a few hundred miles. More consistent and even sound. Time will tell!

Looks like a really nice system. Always hard to say with sound clips, but I didn't think the start up noise sounded too bad. I sort of like hearing that initial blast. I think these things just blast a lot of air on cold start when it hammers into high idle from jump street.

I think my Magnaflow system sounded better after a few hundred miles. More consistent and even sound. Time will tell!
This is a cold start.

Mufflers that use packing material like Magnaflow and Borla have a settling period. Corsa has nothing to break in. All metal insides!

Don’t get me wrong. It’s not AWE levels of noise. But it’s a hell of difference from stock lol

Attachments

• RPReplay_Final1700622292.mov
    21.3 MB
I’ve had the exhaust for about a week now, and I feel I have enough seat time to give some feedback.

It will absolutely wake the dead when you fire it up cold. It is loud. Period. Easily on par with an ATAK system.

As far as my opinion of the systems over all sound, it’s a mixed bag. The tonal frequency (especially and I feel mainly due to the factory routing being dumps or turndowns) is very similar to a straight pipe. It’s very very raspy. The raspiness is amplified by the exhaust firing at the concrete.

Part throttle honestly leaves something to be desired. Wide open throttle however sounds absolutely fantastic.

The pitch of the system is shifted up a few octaves due to its configuration. I may, or may not add one their packed resonators to kill some of the Rasp. We will see.

Drone is nonexistent. Which is incredible given the volume of the exhaust. Quality is excellent. But I do feel the Corsa sound is better executed with conventional tailpipes.

Most Member Reactions

Back