Corsa Exhaust Now Available

Adding a cat-back will not impact the cats or sensors...what am I missing?
Yeah, except that's not rwally what he said. He said a full system might mess with emissions. He wouldn't have said it that way if it didn't imply messing with regulated or warranties parts. Nobody is warranting 3 ton mufflers.

out the sides in front of rear wheels.
Yep or straight off the headers with a double exit between the passenger side front and rear tires. When I roll off the throttle, I want flames shooting out the side from the raw fuel, just before I dump on it again!

"If you ain't first, you're last"!---Ricky Bobby

Yep or straight off the headers with a double exit between the passenger side front and rear tires. When I roll off the throttle, I want flames shooting out the side from the raw fuel, just before I dump on it again!

"If you ain't first, you're last"!---Ricky Bobby
oh yeah.

Adding a cat-back will not impact the cats or sensors...what am I missing?
The true dual systems like those from AWE or Borla require cutting out the crossover pipe that @AXE showed. They clamp directly behind the cats.

IMG_2154.jpeg

The typical Catback systems for these trucks use the factory union and is effectively a dual, to single, to dual exhaust. Stupid design if you ask me but once again it’s for packaging reasons from the OEM.

IMG_2155.jpeg

The midpipe itself is a an emissions component. While the physical cats are not modified, the part itself is.

A shitty dealer would have the ability to nullify warranty because of it. Very unlikely, but that’s how the manufacturer warranty is written.

Last edited:
The true dual systems like those from AWE or Borla require cutting out the crossover pipe that @AXE showed. They clamp directly behind the cats.

View attachment 8355

The typical Catback systems for these trucks use the factory union and is effectively a dual, to single, to dual exhaust. Stupid design if you ask me but once again it’s for packaging reasons from the OEM.

View attachment 8356

The midpipe itself is a an emissions component. While the physical cats are not modified, the part itself is.

A shitty dealer would have the ability to nullify warranty because of it. Very unlikely, but that’s how the manufacturer warranty is written.
Interesting...thanks for the insight!

still waiting on gm to take order on my bison waiting since aug dealer took deposit
It could be next year if your dealer doesn't have the allocation to place the order. If they did, the order would have been accepted long ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: AXE
Up to 20% off CORSA Exhausts Nov. 15 - Dec. 1

Looking forward to your review.

If it was a muffler replacement it would be 70% off......LOL. I think they are figuring that out now. Not many people want to drop $2k to make more noise.

Looking forward to your review.

If it was a muffler replacement it would be 70% off......LOL. I think they are figuring that out now. Not many people want to drop $2k to make more noise.
LOL I wouldn’t drop 2k for a catback. 1300 is palatable.

First Corsa System I’ll have played with. I’ve had Borla and SLP previously.

The Borla system definitely droned. Sounded good but it hit that sweet spot in the cabin that wasn’t desirable.

I will say the SLP LM2 system on my New Edge Mach 1 just makes the good sounds. Doesn’t drone one bit.

Stupid question but aside from making the truck sound a lot sweeter at start ups and idling, what actual benefits are expected from an exhaust system like this? All i see on their site is 47% flow increase. But what does that translate to? More horsepower? Better throttle response? New to exhaust systems sorry for the noob questions.

Stupid question but aside from making the truck sound a lot sweeter at start ups and idling, what actual benefits are expected from an exhaust system like this? All i see on their site is 47% flow increase. But what does that translate to? More horsepower? Better throttle response? New to exhaust systems sorry for the noob questions.
It's mostly to enjoy the sound of the 6.2L V8 when it's uncorked. You might gain a few horsepower, but likely wouldn't notice it much.

Getting a lot more power requires increased air flow, increased fueling through better mapping, and a way to move the exhaust through faster. There's a lot of restrictions in the exhaust, so getting a lot more flow after other restrictions doesn't help much.

LSX did an article on the intake exhaust combo. Together, Corsa claims 28hp/26ftlbs. They seemed to agree with those figures.

The Corsa muffler is absolutely massive but you can pick it up and look through it like a paper towel roll.

They made a pretty decent video showing the Muffler design.

LSX did an article on the intake exhaust combo. Together, Corsa claims 28hp/26ftlbs. They seemed to agree with those figures.

The Corsa muffler is absolutely massive but you can pick it up and look through it like a paper towel roll.

I love Corsa…nothing else like it on the market and it truly does do what they say it will.

That design is impressive! I've never had any experience with Corsa. Next time I'll try one of their systems. I've always had Borla, Flow master, etc. Borla is the only that I have owned where I didn't notice drone. I saw your post where you did notice it. I always liked the Flow master 50 series like I had on my Hemi Wrangler. I think when I was younger I didn't care!

That design is impressive! I've never had any experience with Corsa. Next time I'll try one of their systems. I've always had Borla, Flow master, etc. Borla is the only that I have owned where I didn't notice drone. I saw your post where you did notice it. I always liked the Flow master 50 series like I had on my Hemi Wrangler. I think when I was younger I didn't care!
If I was keeping my 1500, I would order one. Waiting for my 2500 HD ZR2 to arrive and make sure the numbers I want still work for me.

That reference in particular was on the Touring system for 15-17 Mustang GT’s.

Not speaking to this application. Just wanted to be clear.

Most Member Reactions

Back