Dash Accessory Mount

AXE

Reaction score
I'm thinking this could be a nice way to mount accessories above the dash in that useless space behind the infotainment screen.

For me in particular, it had some potential to be the forward mount for a weapon. Think I'll give it a whirl.

I'm thinking this could be a nice way to mount accessories above the dash in that useless space behind the infotainment screen.

For me in particular, it had some potential to be the forward mount for a weapon. Think I'll give it a whirl.

On the left side of the mount once he gets it installed.

I was looking at this last night and am considering as well. A friend has this or similar in his Toyota. Thx for posting a link

Reactions: AXE
I made a tablet holder for mine. I use it for offroad mapping. Still in the R&D stages.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240121_064402_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240121_064402_Gallery.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 57
I was looking at this last night and am considering as well. A friend has this or similar in his Toyota. Thx for posting a link
I think it looks like a nice product with a lot accessories to configure it for whatever you need. I ended up ordering the mount and a few accessories from Amazon to test. You can't get everything from Amazon, but most of it.

Where do you store your sunglasses?
I have a visor clip. Sometimes I'll put them in the center console. I'll be honest with you, I kind of hate having anything on the dash, cause I don't like the the reflection on the windshield. Hoping this mount is low enough profile to keep visibility.

Last edited:
I think it looks like a nice product with a lot accessories to configure it for whatever you need. I ended up ordering the mount and a few accessories from Amazon to test. You can't get everything from Amazon, but most of it.
Interested to hear your thoughts once you get it.

Anybody know what's under the dash on the bottom side of that compartment? How about a picture or drawing?

I was thinking of drilling some holes and putting in some body pins to secure it. It is predrilled, but comes with double stick tape?

Pulled this from their site:
All hardware is included for a straightforward installation that is extremely sturdy. No drilling required! Installation takes advantage of the 2 original bolt holes already found in your dash and is further secured with double sided tape.
You can see them in 8ball’s pic.

Yeah. I had seen that statement, but thought holes and fastener size seem different. Hopefully it mounts up firmly. I may know some more next day or two.

Got my order from Amazon in less than 24 hours. I can confirm that these are high quality parts with excellent design, craftsmanship, and materials. They ship with well packed parts, hardware, small install tools and we'll written directions. I even got a free tightening tool for balls and an ammo cartridge bottle opener and some flag stickers. Mixed US and offshore manufacturing.

Excellent work Bulletpoint Design!

Mixed US and Offshore manufacturing.

Bulletpoint RubiGrid Metal Dash Mount Phone Holder Compatible with 2022+ Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra https://a.co/d/5GptRSB

Bulletpoint Aluminum Two-Way Handheld Radio Walkie-Talkie Holder with 20mm Ball Mount https://a.co/d/64nYm2t

Attachments

• 20240122_134727.jpg
    20240122_134727.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I also bought this cup holder mount, which will serve as part of my gun rack. It is a metal upper for mounts and seems durable. Base is adjustable and made of plastic. Seems to be firm mount inside cup holder. It's made in ChiNa!

Heavy Duty Metal AMPS Hole Pattern ELD Drinks Cup Holder Mount Compatible with Ham CB Pro Satellite Radio & All Universal 2 & 4 Hole fit AMPS Pattern mounting Device https://a.co/d/0LreEQr

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Takes about 15 minutes to install. I'm a going to loosen and retighten mine to square up that corner a little better. There is a little play for adjusting.

I did not put the double sided tape down yet as I want to do some testing. It is very solid with the two supplied screws into housing. I might add some larger flat washers to spread out the support.

The arm is very solid and has infinite placement and adjustability. The phone holder is really nice and holds the phone firmly. The arm can get close to the top edge of the infotainment screen. You need to be careful not to crack that screen. I'm gonna add a piece of rubber or foam to the arm t make sure it doesn't contact the screen directly. There is some flex in the mounting base with heavy objects. That'll be a concern with my gun mount.

That cup mount is pretty damn too! Would also work very well for phone.

Attachments

• 20240122_153359.jpg
    20240122_153359.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20240122_152006.jpg
    20240122_152006.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 44
I had one in our Rubicon and bought one for my ZR2 a few months ago. I like mounting my gopro on it for road trips.

Last edited:
@AXE This is really what the cubby is for. Seriously though when you get the gun mount figured out post a pic as I’m interested as to what you come up with.
That is the correct approach! If you use that mount I got, you could easily attach mag holders.

I'm still testing my setups. Haven't quite got where I want to be for long guns cause of weight. I think I'm going with this setup for my pistol, revising the attachment of holster to ball mount. It'll work in my SXS too.

l'll start another thread on it soon to provide a few more details.

Attachments

• 20240122_153931.jpg
    20240122_153931.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 47

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back