Disabling factory Infotainment subscription stuff - Google assistant functionality

CanZr2

Founding Member
Reaction score
When I use Android Auto and say 'Hey Google' to my phone, the Google Assistant on the GM system responds with a pop up and saying I need a subscription, instead of the Android Auto responding.

Has anyone disabled the factory GM stuff so a guy can just use AA all the time? Not sure if the Carplay guys have run into this as well

I let all my subscriptions expire too. A lot of stuff goes away. I just use WAZE for navigation. I like the way that it warns you of things ahead and you interact with it. AA works good as well, so it's preference I suppose.

When I use Android Auto and say 'Hey Google' to my phone, the Google Assistant on the GM system responds with a pop up and saying I need a subscription, instead of the Android Auto responding.

Has anyone disabled the factory GM stuff so a guy can just use AA all the time? Not sure if the Carplay guys have run into this as well
Same problem. Disabled built in Google assist app. Using Android Auto. Now works by pressing buttons but "Het Google" voice activation does not. Works perfectly in my other vehicles. Extremely frustrating!

Oh just found a fix I think... Thanks you tube!
Did this work for you? I've disabled the Google assistant in the infotainment system but still can't get "hey Google" voice command to work in AA. It works on my phone when not connected to AA but doesn't work when connected to AA.

Did this work for you? I've disabled the Google assistant in the infotainment system but still can't get "hey Google" voice command to work in AA. It works on my phone when not connected to AA but doesn't work when connected to AA.

I didn't try 'hey google' but I tried long press on the steering wheel button and that works.

Sorry haven't tried to 'hey google' yet; honestly totally forgot about it setting everything else up. Will try next time I drive the truck. I have everything working now. I can use AA or the factory GM system. Long press for AA or short for GM Infotainment. Ive set up my phone to turn on my hotspot once my Bluetooth connects to the truck to feed the GM Infotainment stuff.

Sorry haven't tried to 'hey google' yet; honestly totally forgot about it setting everything else up. Will try next time I drive the truck. I have everything working now. I can use AA or the factory GM system. Long press for AA or short for GM Infotainment. Ive set up my phone to turn on my hotspot once my Bluetooth connects to the truck to feed the GM Infotainment stuff.

What do you use to turn your hotspot on when your phone detects the trucks Bluetooth? I'm using Tasker on my phone to do that, but it's not 100%.

On my Samsung I just set up a routine to turn my hotspot on once my truck connects to my phone over bluetooth

Most Member Reactions

Back