Door Trim Dents

AXE

Reaction score
Anyone else getting these dents or depressed areas in their door trim? Seems like the material below the skin has degraded, doesn't feel spongy like the rest of the trim.

This is right at the top of the door where the window opening and lock pin are located.

Attachments

• 20230316_181600.jpg
    20230316_181600.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 242
what. year is your truck? I've seen that issue while watching YouTube reviews of the truck before I purchased mine.

Reactions: AXE
2022, it was built in August 2022 and only had it about 6 weeks.

I've never noticed it until I had my door open today and the sun was hitting it and it stood out.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting these dents or depressed areas in their door trim? Seems like the material below the skin has degraded, doesn't feel spongy like the rest of the trim.

This is right at the top of the door where the window opening and lock pin are located.
Is that possibly from your elbow resting on the door? I have two of those on mine and just assumed it was from my elbow resting on it.

Mine did that when it was still fairly new. It seemingly randomly appeared and then went away on its own after a day or so. Then came back in different spots and then went away again. This was over the summer. Hasn’t happened since then. My best guess is that there is some sort of adhesive under there that does weird stuff when it gets hot, but who knows. I’m about 99% sure there were several others on the forum who had this issue as well and theirs went away too. Give it a few days and see what it does and hopefully it’ll go away like mine did.

Mine did that when it was still fairly new. It seemingly randomly appeared and then went away on its own after a day or so. Then came back in different spots and then went away again. This was over the summer. Hasn’t happened since then. My best guess is that there is some sort of adhesive under there that does weird stuff when it gets hot, but who knows. I’m about 99% sure there were several others on the forum who had this issue as well and theirs went away too. Give it a few days and see what it does and hopefully it’ll go away like mine did.
Yeah we just had a couple days of 80ish weather, then a cool day of rain, and today was mid 70s today. May be temperature/weather related. We're heading towards 115 in a few months, so hopefully it can handle that.

Is that possibly from your elbow resting on the door? I have two of those on mine and just assumed it was from my elbow resting on it.
I thought about that, but I don't put my arm upnthat high and rarely have my window down.

I have to make a correction. I was paying more attention when driving this morning and I do occasionally slide my hand to the 9 o'clock steering wheel position and my elbow does rest in one of those spots, but not the others.

It actually looks slightly better today than yesterday.

Fuckin GM using some Stretch Armstrong kinda technology in these high dollar interiors. I've got leather saddles that have had asses in them since the 70s and they look better than this......LOL

The backing material on the door panel “leather” is to blame. The foam once compressed doesn’t rebound to original shape, instead developing a memory.

Mine also has visible “thumb” prints from pulling the grab handles to close the doors.

I would expect many of these new trucks will have golf ball looking areas on the door panels in the used market in the coming years.

It's complete shit compared to the interior on my wife's 2023 Tahoe High Country. Price difference isn't that much and the interior has a lot of materials that have a higher quality look and feel.

I don't hate the look of the ZR2 interior but the leather is stiff and the trim isn't high quality.

Attachments

• 20230318_105012.jpg
    20230318_105012.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 78
Getting hot around these parts and my door trim dents have disappeared.

Just like Biden, if you add a little heat he comes back to life!

Mine has them as well. It will be a year that I've had this truck next month, they come and go. If you don't rest your arm in those spots they will go away.

I'm noticing this as well now that I'm looking for it. I do rest my arm up there from time to time. So far, like most, they go away by the end of the work day. My 2018 Z71 LTZ never did this but despite this minor issue, the ZR2 is still a huge upgrade from that truck and I'm lovin' it so far.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back