Engine light and other problems

yea took my truck back in this morning and they told me i was getting a loaner right cat is shot not eta on when warehouse was getting one and might have lifter issues again

All this talk about bad lifters…I took delivery of my 2022 Silverado LT Z71 on 12/29. Waited 10 weeks for this truck (has the 5.3) Drove it 2 weeks and 366 miles only to have it start running rough (won’t idle) threw multiple codes (P0106, P0300, P050D, U1983) most electronics ceased to function, check engine light flashing, a real shit show. Took it to the dealer and said “fix it.” After 4 days and not hearing anything from the dealer, paid them a visit today only to discover my truck was sitting where it was pushed to and obviously wasn’t touched. Well, it’s been looked at now and a service advisor is telling me that a ”valve spring is broken” that they have one in stock and repairs should be completed tomorrow. A VALVE SPRING?? I find that very difficult to believe. Has anyone heard of that failure? I got a real bad feeling about this…
Btw-my wife wanted me to buy a Ford. Nothing like kicking a man when he’s down.

All this talk about bad lifters…I took delivery of my 2022 Silverado LT Z71 on 12/29. Waited 10 weeks for this truck (has the 5.3) Drove it 2 weeks and 366 miles only to have it start running rough (won’t idle) threw multiple codes (P0106, P0300, P050D, U1983) most electronics ceased to function, check engine light flashing, a real shit show. Took it to the dealer and said “fix it.” After 4 days and not hearing anything from the dealer, paid them a visit today only to discover my truck was sitting where it was pushed to and obviously wasn’t touched. Well, it’s been looked at now and a service advisor is telling me that a ”valve spring is broken” that they have one in stock and repairs should be completed tomorrow. A VALVE SPRING?? I find that very difficult to believe. Has anyone heard of that failure? I got a real bad feeling about this…
Millions of valve springs get produced, not everyone is going to be perfect. I had a bad injector, nothing is perfect. That's why we have warranties. Vehicles have thousands and thousands of parts. All manufactured vehicles can have a bad part. The ZR2 is a beast, best truck I have ever owned. Let them repair it and enjoy the truck.

My 2021 5.3 trail boss shuddered and also had the check engine, service ESC, and service traction control. It had to have one side of lifters replaced at 18,800 miles. My 2022 ZR2 shuddered and had the check engine light, service ESC, and service traction control1 and only had one bad injector replaced at 3,300 miles. Definitely getting rid of it before the warranty is up.
looks like GM has a BAD hydraulic roller lifter problem. Maybe we should give aftermarket lifters a shot and take it to a specialty shop for repairs. I am about 2 weeks away from purchasing a ZR2 Silverado. Between the engine and paint issues
I am really starting to think of a different make truck or car.

looks like GM has a BAD hydraulic roller lifter problem. Maybe we should give aftermarket lifters a shot and take it to a specialty shop for repairs. I am about 2 weeks away from purchasing a ZR2 Silverado. Between the engine and paint issues
I am really starting to think of a different make truck or car.
You can second guess yourself all day long. Toyota, Ford and RAM are all having their issues too. Loving my truck. No paint issues and no engine issues. If I do, then it goes in to get fixed. There is no better looking truck on the market than the ZR2 IMPO.

Yes it’s not uncommon I’ve had a few have that happen.

Well got my buy back and got his one
received_685890949907345.jpeg

I've had mine for almost 3 months now. It's white, so it's notorious for paint issues. I have no paint issues. None on the door or around the hood scoop. In the beginning it shifted a little rough but after 500 miles that's gone. I love the truck and so does my wife. It's more hers than mine now. I agree with securityguy. You can always second guess. My cousin has a Raptor. He has more miles on it driving it back and forth to the dealer for repairs. My only problem with my truck is trying to figure out the memory seats for her keys and mine. LOL. Just trying to make light of things. I hope your issues get fixed so you can enjoy the truck.

I've had mine for almost 3 months now. It's white, so it's notorious for paint issues. I have no paint issues. None on the door or around the hood scoop. In the beginning it shifted a little rough but after 500 miles that's gone. I love the truck and so does my wife. It's more hers than mine now. I agree with securityguy. You can always second guess. My cousin has a Raptor. He has more miles on it driving it back and forth to the dealer for repairs. My only problem with my truck is trying to figure out the memory seats for her keys and mine. LOL. Just trying to make light of things. I hope your issues get fixed so you can enjoy the truck.
I can help you with the memory seat issue if you like.

Anyone else experiencing intermittent issues with the front turn signals not working? It's happened to me twice now in 2 months. Both times it was the drivers side front that stops working. Works fine at the start of the drive, stops working. Only works again after turning the truck off for 5-10 minutes.

Anyone else experiencing intermittent issues with the front turn signals not working? It's happened to me twice now in 2 months. Both times it was the drivers side front that stops working. Works fine at the start of the drive, stops working. Only works again after turning the truck off for 5-10 minutes.
Happened to me on the passenger side front. Took it in and they said it was a known issue, something shorting out, fixed it in a few hrs under warranty.

Yes. Same. It has happened twice to me too. Front driver. Both times stopped after it was shutoff for a while. Need to take mine in for this and recalls anyway.

Mine is in the shop for the same symptoms right now. It has 3200 miles on it and they said it’s a bad injector. I dropped it off Thursday and should be getting it back today because they had to wait a few days to get a new one.
I had the same issue, got in started up and the ECR, traction control light all on and the engine was missing terribly. drove 1 mile home. the next morning only the CEL was on and code for emissions. 3200 miles and they are replacing #2 injector. Been it the shop for a week now:(

I had the same issue, got in started up and the ECR, traction control light all on and the engine was missing terribly. drove 1 mile home. the next morning only the CEL was on and code for emissions. 3200 miles and they are replacing #2 injector. Been it the shop for a week now:(
Hopefully they got the issue resolved. Mine has been running strong ever since I got the injector replaced!

Most Member Reactions

Back