Engine light and other problems

Towgunning

Reaction score
Ok besides my paint coming off on all 4 doors and hood.....has anybody started their truck and it starts vibrating engine light comes on, traction control needs serviced acs need service collision needs serviced my zr2 only has 4100 miles on it dealer came and towed it from my house. like every system that can throw a warning did, has anyone else had this?

Mine is in the shop for the same symptoms right now. It has 3200 miles on it and they said it’s a bad injector. I dropped it off Thursday and should be getting it back today because they had to wait a few days to get a new one.

Haven't gotten mine back happened Friday been at dealer since.

Good cause I googled it some posted that they had to have one side of engine redone. Was getting nervous because they hadn't fixed the paint yet lol

Hopefully it’s nothing too serious. I was worried when mine started to act up. It was the exact same symptoms I had with my 2021 5.3 Trailboss and it had to have one side redone. The dealer I took mine to said they haven’t seen any 2022 6.2s with bad lifters yet.

I have 8500 miles on mine. Same exact thing happen to mine today. The dealer said bad injector. Waiting on final diagnostic. Hard to believe the lifters would be bad on a brand new engine.

Well got call from dealer they are replacing all passenger side lifters
Dang that sucks. They used to replace both sides if it was under a certain amount of miles. Is that still a thing? My Trailboss was over by 800 miles so they only did the one side.

I have 8500 miles on mine. Same exact thing happen to mine today. The dealer said bad injector. Waiting on final diagnostic. Hard to believe the lifters would be bad on a brand new engine.
They replaced the injector on mine and I got it back today. Seems to be in good shape again. Hopefully it stays that way.

Now I think I should've listened to my brother. He said don't buy one lifters go out and injectors. Keep your 2006 Dirty Max.

They did the whole passenger side lifters my zr2 is at 4100miles. When I get time I'll take a picture of the codes they found.

20230111_010852.jpg

These are the codes that was thrown, ended up being the #2 lifter.

What are the symptoms for these issues?!
My ZR2 has 700 miles it threw a check engine light but i guess it was a loose battery cable. Now i have no check engine light on dash BUT now i feel the truck spudders and shudders when driving. It feels like i go through potholes.

What are the symptoms for these issues?!
My ZR2 has 700 miles it threw a check engine light but i guess it was a loose battery cable. Now i have no check engine light on dash BUT now i feel the truck spudders and shudders when driving. It feels like i go through potholes.
My 2021 5.3 trail boss shuddered and also had the check engine, service ESC, and service traction control. It had to have one side of lifters replaced at 18,800 miles. My 2022 ZR2 shuddered and had the check engine light, service ESC, and service traction control1 and only had one bad injector replaced at 3,300 miles. Definitely getting rid of it before the warranty is up.

Just had passenger side lifters and pushrods on my 22 zr2 with 4000miles replaced Tuesday now engine light flashing again called dealer said bring it in. My symptoms was a cold start then engine light flashed and every warning light that could come on did

It's not just the zr2 buddy has a at4 and his lifters been replaced 3x

Received my Truck back today. Bad injector. Runs fantastic. I have owned 2 trucks with 5.3 and a Camaro with the 6.2. Never had lifters go bad. Change the oil first 1000 miles. (Extremely important)Change oil around ever 4000 miles after first oil change. Mobile one only. Look for oil with a Ester base. 6.2 always ran super unleaded. Obviously get better gas mileage, also is recommended. These engines have small filters that can clog due to oil not being changed. Ignore the oil life monitor. I have seen lifters go bad because of not lubricating properly. I also have seen people run a small amount of transmission fluid before a oil change. Transmission fluid is basically a detergent. Just my opinion. I think the ZR2 is a beast. Driven 3500 miles round trip. Ran like a champ. 85mph all day long.

Last edited:
Just had passenger side lifters and pushrods on my 22 zr2 with 4000miles replaced Tuesday now engine light flashing again called dealer said bring it in. My symptoms was a cold start then engine light flashed and every warning light that could come on did
sounds like either injectors or other side of lifters. Mine just did the same thing 3k miles, hasn’t driven it in about a week, cylinder 4 lifter broke. They did both sides/all 8 lifters for me and the injectors needed replaced too so instead of getting it back yesterday, had injectors ordered overnight from Denver. Waiting for them to come out with a new pulsar or range device to deactivate the fuel management system which seems to be what causes the lifters to break. If you search these pages the only workaround seems to be putting the truck into L9 every time you drive it until they can crack the ecu and release a pulsar/range that is compatible with the refresh trucks.

Most Member Reactions

Back