Fender Flare Removal and Replacement

ZR2offrd

Reaction score
I got too close to a brick column at home and scuffed up my front driver's fender flare. I received a new one today and was hoping on some insight from the kind members here as to how to go about removing the old one and installing the new one. Any tips or tricks would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

I think if you drop the wheel well liner, you're going to get a good look at all the hardware connecting it to the frame and other body work. More than likely there will be alot of fasteners and probably some adjoining parts that need to come off in order to pull it.

I pulled my lower front fascia piece from below the bumper to Line-x it and it was full of fasteners and clips. Very tedious, but not impossible. I have a lot of tools, so that makes things easier. I know my Milwaukee electric ratchets were incredibly valuable.

Maybe wutang61 can give you some tips. He posted some good drawings for me. He knows a lot of good stuff about automotive work.

Last edited:
I got too close to a brick column at home and scuffed up my front driver's fender flare. I received a new one today and was hoping on some insight from the kind members here as to how to go about removing the old one and installing the new one. Any tips or tricks would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!
I did the same thing to my truck but it was the rear passenger side wheel opening molding. The new molding I order came with all the clips installed on the backside ready to be installed. I carefully started to remove the old molding from the middle by prying it away from the body then kept pulling. Of course, the old clips are going to break off but thats ok since the new molding comes with those clips already installed. Took me about 45 mins to do the whole job.

From AllData

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 09-43-37 Rear Wheel Opening Molding Replacement (ZR2) (Rear Fender Mo...png
    Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 09-43-37 Rear Wheel Opening Molding Replacement (ZR2) (Rear Fender Mo...png
    53.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 09-43-58 Rear Wheel Opening Molding Replacement (ZR2) (Rear Fender Mo...png
    Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 09-43-58 Rear Wheel Opening Molding Replacement (ZR2) (Rear Fender Mo...png
    36.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 09-44-04 Rear Wheel Opening Molding Replacement (ZR2) (Rear Fender Mo...png
    Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 09-44-04 Rear Wheel Opening Molding Replacement (ZR2) (Rear Fender Mo...png
    45.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 09-44-10 Rear Wheel Opening Molding Replacement (ZR2) (Rear Fender Mo...png
    Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 09-44-10 Rear Wheel Opening Molding Replacement (ZR2) (Rear Fender Mo...png
    36.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 09-42-32 Front Wheel Opening Molding Replacement (ZR2) (Front Fender ...png
    Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 09-42-32 Front Wheel Opening Molding Replacement (ZR2) (Front Fender ...png
    51.4 KB · Views: 237
Thanks for the input everyone. I started at the end by the bumper and just began to pull it away from the fender. It just popped off very easily as I worked it to the lower end. Wiped off the dirt underneath, then installed the new one in reverse order since the bottom of the flare fits in the slot provided in the lower portion of the flare. It took 5 minutes.

Thanks!
Where did you find the OEM flare? I can’t seem to find them, even on the Chevrolet parts app.

Where did you find the OEM flare? I can’t seem to find them, even on the Chevrolet parts app.
I had no trouble finding mine and ordered it from an out of state dealer for a great price. Just go to any GM parts website, which is what I did, and you should easily find it.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back