First Silverado ZR2 Mod?

TY. What about the license plate bulbs, did you buy those in LED too? Have link?
WEIMELTOY 194 Led Car Bulb 3030 Chipset 2SMD T10 194 168 W5W Led Wedge Light Bulb 1.5W 12V License Plate Courtesy Step Map Lights Trunk Lamp Clearance Lights (12pcs) https://a.co/d/i5adMGf

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tinted The Windows Yesterday!

Attachments

• tempImageRHk8sL.png
    tempImageRHk8sL.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 163
Here's my original build and mod list, current as of right now 🤠, if anyone needs any info or links lemme know:

Factory build:
Glacier Blue - GLT
Sunroof - CF5
Tech pkg - CWM
Power tailgate - QT6
Wheel locks - SFE
Off-road high clearance steps - VXW
Stock tri-color wheels

GM accessories installed at the store:
Borla cat-back exhaust - 19433388
Roll up cover, soft - 87816007 - only factory cover compatible with factory sport bar
Bed divider/extender, Black - 19417394
Rear wheelhouse liners - 84263801 - backordered
Americana Chevy tailgate lettering - 19432563
Black Silverado & 6.2L lettering - 84950122 (LT)
Window vent visors, in-channel, Dark Smoke - 19417480
Trailer hitch cover - 23181344
Front window sunshade - 84641433
Sport pedal covers - 84712883

Ordered:
MGP caliper covers, red painted w/ZR2 logo & bolts - discounts usually available
VMS Racing telescoping 50C bullet radio antenna, red painted - BULLET10 discount code
LED reverse bulbs
LED license plate bulbs
Flag badges w/BGR strips

On my list to get:
Grille lights, amber
Putco 60" blade tailgate led light bar w/amber turn signal
CAI: not sure yet which

Truck Vault System, Cargo glide and I'm on the fence about putting a A.R.E truck cab on. Some trucks like the Ram 1500 just don't look good with one. I am also hoping that either Chevy with the 2023 mod will over the AEV bison bumper winch kit asa aftermarket order.

Is anyone considering a truck cap for the bed? I've been rocking the rollup tonneau cover for the past 15 years and it's definitely seen its better days, but the wife is pushing for something more secure.
Yes, It's on my list. I have been surfing the web looking to see if anyone has done one yet. As Some trucks just don't look good with a Cap. Ram 1500 perfect example IMO even the rebel looks like a lowrider truck from the 1980's. Ford Raptor looks great with a cap. I'm leaning towards A.R.E. plan is to put a truck vault/cargo glide system system to hold 3-4 jerry cans. In the short term I will order my truck with the hard folding tonneau cover. Seeing how 2022 order didn't get picked up last month due to the 6.2L shortage. Fingers crossed someone else puts a Cap on so I can see how it looks Brian.

pretty easy? I have that Silverado emblem and the 6.2 emblem for my blue truck but I haven't done it yet
Yes it was pretty simple to do. I used Tri Flow and a plastic razor blade after separating the emblem from the adhesive with fishing line. I will also put the 6.2L emblems on sometime this week.

I must be the only person who doesn't like the caliper covers, I find them tacky. If I did something to them, I'd be getting the actual calipers painted.
I do understand the appeal though, much easier and cheaper than getting calipers painted.
I agree. They look nice, but I try to avoid being the guy the service people laugh at for tacky upgrades that either cause more work for them or they are pointless.
This is one of the reasons I'm torn on the hood setup. I'd much rather it be functional, because I do tend to scoff at people who put on the fake vents and scoops.

I must be the only person who doesn't like the caliper covers, I find them tacky. If I did something to them, I'd be getting the actual calipers painted.
I do understand the appeal though, much easier and cheaper than getting calipers painted.
I am not a fan of the covers either. I used to change a lot on my trucks but at this point in my life I keep it pretty simple.

Most Member Reactions

Back