First Silverado ZR2 Mod?

I was told PPF would not stick to the rock chip coating. Let us know how it works. After mine gets repainted I would love to stick PPF on my rockers.
I have full PPF coverage on my ZR2, and it’s had no issues with it sticking to the crinkle paint near the rockers. There is a spot here and there, near the edges of the space between the cab and box where it’s slightly lifted, but I’ve had zero issues so far. I highly recommend getting it.

My starts; I went with pedal commander, and 15% tints. Getting a borla exhaust and want to do a CAI . What intake would y’all go with?

My starts; I went with pedal commander, and 15% tints. Getting a borla exhaust and want to do a CAI . What intake would y’all go with?
Don't waste your money on an intake. The OEM airbox is a very nice airbox. If anything, remove the baffled airbox connected to the throttle body and do this to clean up the engine bay a bit.

ZR2 Airbox2.jpg

From hanging around here, it seems like Volant is a commonly preferred CAI option and from my research provide solid filter options which is appealing (dry, oiled, and a power core) I’ve been in the world of Duramax since ‘06 and have always used S&B with extremely good luck so might check there as well. KN has been around along time but not sure how much true innovation and incremental improvement they are bringing to the table these days.

To all my fellow Forum goers…before we go down the rabbit trail of the merits of CAI’s, please refrain and assume the poster has read the already countless posts / replies on your thoughts here and consider they didn’t ask whether or how effective they were….much appreciated crew

Don't waste your money on an intake. The OEM airbox is a very nice airbox. If anything, remove the baffled airbox connected to the throttle body and do this to clean up the engine bay a bit.

View attachment 1761
Dang! Should have known you would beat me to the draw @securityguy !!! Lol All joking aside, seriously I would recommend starting a thread on your strong opinion here “Merits of a CAI” or something similar. And I’m not trying to be a jerk or anything, it’s just that we go through this cycle so often…let’s just dedicate a thread to the debate, discussion, learning and we can assume folks know that when they ask for a brand recommendation. Again, just a suggestion to help us keep things organized and efficient.

From hanging around here, it seems like Volant is a commonly preferred CAI option and from my research provide solid filter options which is appealing (dry, oiled, and a power core) I’ve been in the world of Duramax since ‘06 and have always used S&B with extremely good luck so might check there as well. KN has been around along time but not sure how much true innovation and incremental improvement they are bringing to the table these days.

To all my fellow Forum goers…before we go down the rabbit trail of the merits of CAI’s, please refrain and assume the poster has read the already countless posts / replies on your thoughts here and consider they didn’t ask whether or how effective they were….much appreciated crew
We should never assume anything my friend. I just stated an opinion, which we all have, and the OP can take it or leave it. No arguments coming from me ;) His truck...his money!

We should never assume anything my friend. I just stated an opinion, which we all have, and the OP can take it or leave it. No arguments coming from me ;) His truck...his money!
Fair enough on the assumption and completely agree on the opinions, and your reply wasn’t arguing the merits just offering a cheaper alternative which I should have recognized…

My opinion (as we all have them 😉) is we seriously beat the snot out of some dead horses and should consider dedicated threads and just direct folks to them. I’ll digress…sorry for the hijack, back to the reruns….😅

Fair enough on the assumption and completely agree on the opinions, and your reply wasn’t arguing the merits just offering a cheaper alternative which I should have recognized…

My opinion (as we all have them 😉) is we seriously beat the snot out of some dead horses and should consider dedicated threads and just direct folks to them. I’ll digress…sorry for the hijack, back to the reruns….😅
It's all good my friend...it's nice to have folks like you on the forum:)

So far I have tinted front windows to match rear, installed Corsa catch can, SB cold air intake, LED backups and license plate lights, undercoated the frame with Cosmoline RP342 to prevent rust, installed kicker speaker system in tailgate, installed Retrax pro bed cover, and had the Borla exhaust installed as part of the purchase

So far I have tinted front windows to match rear, installed Corsa catch can, SB cold air intake, LED backups and license plate lights, undercoated the frame with Cosmoline RP342 to prevent rust, installed kicker speaker system in tailgate, installed Retrax pro bed cover, and had the Borla exhaust installed as part of the purchase
Good stuff. I’m curious how you like the SB? Easy install? Fitment solid?

How’s the catch can working? Do that one again? I got one of the options previously posted which requires a bit of DIY but just haven’t had time yet.

I’ve got a Turtlebox I throw in all the time so can’t justify the Kicker but looks like a nice option if you like to have tunes going in the background all the time.

Good call on the rust prevention, I’ve started doing that in recent years on rigs and feel like it’s worth the effort regardless of which option you go with, something is better than nothing. Your choice go on good and appear to be a solid coat?

Good stuff. I’m curious how you like the SB? Easy install? Fitment solid?

How’s the catch can working? Do that one again? I got one of the options previously posted which requires a bit of DIY but just haven’t had time yet.

I’ve got a Turtlebox I throw in all the time so can’t justify the Kicker but looks like a nice option if you like to have tunes going in the background all the time.

Good call on the rust prevention, I’ve started doing that in recent years on rigs and feel like it’s worth the effort regardless of which option you go with, something is better than nothing. Your choice go on good and appear to be a solid coat?
The SB was pretty straightforward. Watch a couple videos on the install (SB. Puts them out). The hardest part was sliding the box in place. It tight and the rubber grommets that lock it into place kept falling off and I had to fish them out of engine bay or find them on the floor. I would recommend supergluing them on before trying to slide it into place. Fits and looks great in my opinion. Not sure if I tell much of a difference either way, but put it on within a couple weeks of purchase about the same time the exhaust system was installed.
Catch can works fine. I empty about every 1000-1500 miles but could easily double or maybe even triple that interval. Super easy install. Good to know that isn’t being dumped into the engine

Im getting my 23 ZR2 done at xpel with stealth, I get it back tuesday but I went to see it yesterday and they didnt have any issue
Thought I had to wait till Monday, you don’t realize how much you need your truck until its gone for a week.
All the glacier blue done with Xpel ultimate plus stealth, and the black parts done with clear

Attachments

• A27BD99F-4093-4947-9E55-CFD7D3645846.jpeg
    A27BD99F-4093-4947-9E55-CFD7D3645846.jpeg
    481.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 1571EF73-0FE8-40C9-8BF4-523B495DC3B9.jpeg
    1571EF73-0FE8-40C9-8BF4-523B495DC3B9.jpeg
    521.4 KB · Views: 153
went with 1.5 wheel spacers (Chevy Silverado 1500 (2014-2022) Spacers, 6x139.7 Bolt Pattern, 77.8 Hub. Stahl/Steel, Thickness=1.5in (38.1mm) (VehRecNo=4924) (ID=2603:8081:f000:14:fc1f:913a:c985:9de). Borla exhaust was ordered with the truckhttps://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/62l-cat-back-dual-rear-exit-upgrade-system-for-short-wheel-base-models-by-borla%C2%AE-associated-accessories-19433388?categoryId=98022&year=2022&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado%201500&modelId=491&body=4%20-%20Door%20Crew%20Cab%20Pickup&bodyId=53&trim=ZR2&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=6.2L%20V8%20GAS&engineId=5920&wheel=147.4&wheelId=651 . Cold air intake by K&n https://www.knfilters.com/63-3110-performance-air-intake-system

Attachments

• IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 135
Considering these from Tyger. These are the Tyger Star Armor. Anyone have these or opinion? A buddy has them on a tundra and they look pretty good. Thx fellas

Attachments

• D5578DF3-E4DF-40B5-991C-A5C796288D9F.jpeg
    D5578DF3-E4DF-40B5-991C-A5C796288D9F.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 36

Most Member Reactions

Back