First Silverado ZR2 Mod?

Curious if anyone has any experience with this product? I am looking to store some essential tools, a come-along-strap, etc in the bed area and didnt want it all bouncing all over. If you have any other solution ideas please respond. Thanks!
Yes, be carful where you buy it from !!! I bought on from amazon said it would fit it did not. Bought one thru the dealer and fits perfect.

Yes, be carful where you buy it from !!! I bought on from amazon said it would fit it did not. Bought one thru the dealer and fits perfect.
Cool, thanks. So you are happy with the quality and durability of the system?

My first mod on mine was the day after I bought it. I put a Retrax pro bed cover and a Yakima overhaul HD rack on. Then I had the factory muffler cut off and a Borla Atak grate muffler put on. I actually stopped by a muffler shop after I left from getting my license plate lol. Also had them tint the windows while I was there. I had already bought all the stuff while I was waiting on the truck. I guess that's not 1st mod, 1st day of mods?
20220819_013214.jpg

My first mod on mine was the day after I bought it. I put a Retrax pro bed cover and a Yakima overhaul HD rack on. Then I had the factory muffler cut off and a Borla Atak grate muffler put on. I actually stopped by a muffler shop after I left from getting my license plate lol. Also had them tint the windows while I was there. I had already bought all the stuff while I was waiting on the truck. I guess that's not 1st mod, 1st day of mods?
View attachment 881
Looking good. I have a list of stuff to buy once the truck is built so I understand. I’m also going to the the Borla arak, did you have them cut the resonator off or just swap the muffler?? Was the Borla part # 400844 I’m also going to order a K & N 77-3110KP. Its a bit cheaper than the Blackhawk but is suppose to have a better horsepower increase. Kind of hard to pre-shop some of these part but this forum has been great with everyone sharing knowledge. Thanks!!

Looking good. I have a list of stuff to buy once the truck is built so I understand. I’m also going to the the Borla arak, did you have them cut the resonator off or just swap the muffler?? Was the Borla part # 400844 I’m also going to order a K & N 77-3110KP. Its a bit cheaper than the Blackhawk but is suppose to have a better horsepower increase. Kind of hard to pre-shop some of these part but this forum has been great with everyone sharing knowledge. Thanks!!
Yes it was Borla # 400844. I think I paid 270 for it and the shop charged me 100 to install. They cut just the muffler and the flapper out added a short piece of pipe and welded it all in. Sounds great less then 400. I seen no reason to drop 1800 on a full cat back.

I know how you feel on the shopping with sight unseen. I had the rack, bedcover, b&w hitch and the muffler all sitting in the garage waiting on the truck. Well the rack I actually had on my other truck, but I had the adapter brackets to mount it to the retrax cover sitting. It was kind of weird. I ordered that stuff early expecting delays. It all showed up instantly. Now that I have the truck it seems like anything I order is on back order or delayed lol

I added on-board air and air bags too, but I had to wait till I had the truck to figure out what I needed.

What's the functional reason to cut off the flap? Doesn't that help reduce drone or no?
The flapper is there to help with the helicopter sound when DFM is active. One I plan on turning DFM off as soon as we have a way to do it on our trucks. But actually the muffler shop recommended that I remove it. He said he always takes them out. He said they rust and get dirty and start making noise later. So basically you end up with a rattle and clanking. If you buy a cat back system they have no flapper. They also do away with them

Yes it was Borla # 400844. I think I paid 270 for it and the shop charged me 100 to install. They cut just the muffler and the flapper out added a short piece of pipe and welded it all in. Sounds great less then 400. I seen no reason to drop 1800 on a full cat back.

I know how you feel on the shopping with sight unseen. I had the rack, bedcover, b&w hitch and the muffler all sitting in the garage waiting on the truck. Well the rack I actually had on my other truck, but I had the adapter brackets to mount it to the retrax cover sitting. It was kind of weird. I ordered that stuff early expecting delays. It all showed up instantly. Now that I have the truck it seems like anything I order is on back order or delayed lol

I added on-board air and air bags too, but I had to wait till I had the truck to figure out what I needed.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree you don’t need to redo the whole exhaust, the AWE is tempting but also 1800. I have a Paragon bed cover but ordered the flip up on the new truck with the rock sliders. I’ll level it when it’s safe to do so and maybe do 35’s when time to replace the tires.

thanks for the feedback. I’m sure I’ll have boxes in the garage once I know it’s been built and I have the vin #.lol😂 I ordered a loaded 23 in dark ask metallic. Added the hard (REV) flip cover and rock sliders. I had a paragon in my GMC but it was a pain so the flip up version I’m looking forward to trying. Beside the Borla and cold air I’ll do a good window tint and when there is a better control arm I’ll do a level kit. Still in the fence about 35’ tires. That may wait till the stocks need a replaced. I ordered the black rims and like the stock but of course want the “beefier” look of 35’s. Got to love the adventure of new models but I think Chevy is on the right path with this truck. The AT4X I was confront just doesn’t have enough that justifies the extra cost.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree you don’t need to redo the whole exhaust, the AWE is tempting but also 1800. I have a Paragon bed cover but ordered the flip up on the new truck with the rock sliders. I’ll level it when it’s safe to do so and maybe do 35’s when time to replace the tires.

thanks for the feedback. I’m sure I’ll have boxes in the garage once I know it’s been built and I have the vin #.lol😂 I ordered a loaded 23 in dark ask metallic. Added the hard (REV) flip cover and rock sliders. I had a paragon in my GMC but it was a pain so the flip up version I’m looking forward to trying. Beside the Borla and cold air I’ll do a good window tint and when there is a better control arm I’ll do a level kit. Still in the fence about 35’ tires. That may wait till the stocks need a replaced. I ordered the black rims and like the stock but of course want the “beefier” look of 35’s. Got to love the adventure of new models but I think Chevy is on the right path with this truck. The AT4X I was confront just doesn’t have enough that justifies the extra cost.
I went with a Retrax Pro just because of the bed rack. I like it for the most part. I don't love the canister taking up space. I also don't like having to lock and unlock it with a key. I have a generic lock actuator on the way. I'm going to see if I can rig it to lock when I lock the truck. I really like everything else about it though.

Yeah I waited till I thought mine was getting close before I started buying stuff, but then it got put on hold and I ended up just going and finding one haha.

The only way I'd do a leveling kit is if someone came out with a legit one that doesn't negatively effect the ride or the ball joint angles. The typical spacer kits that just add preload are trash. We paid extra for the suspension. Doesn't make sense to mess it up.

You didn't get the front bumper done? It needs it more than any other spot on these trucks. My Trail Boss front bumper after 20k miles has tons of rock chips. The hood and rest of the truck is still great though. I'm only doing the front bumper on my ZR2.View attachment 857View attachment 858
Hate to see it but looks just like my 2020 Trail Boss. I was actually shocked how many chips I have on the front end from rocks and what not. PPF is definitely something I'll be looking in to for the ZR2.

View attachment 881
How is the drone? I had a muffler shop put in a Flowmaster and cut resonators out and the drone on the freeway is way too loud for me. It sounds great on start up, idling, and city driving, but the constant sound on the freeway is annoying. I was told putting resonators back in wont help. If the Borla muffler doesnt drone im going with that

How is the drone? I had a muffler shop put in a Flowmaster and cut resonators out and the drone on the freeway is way too loud for me. It sounds great on start up, idling, and city driving, but the constant sound on the freeway is annoying. I was told putting resonators back in wont help. If the Borla muffler doesnt drone im going with that
Sorry just noticed your question, All I had them swap on mine was the muffler and the flapper. I haven't noticed any drone really. You hear the exhaust, but it's not loud other then cold starts. But I guess everyone is different. I had a 5" straight piped duramax before and it didn't seem loud either lol. I can't say if it's better then what you have. If it helps the awe sounds obnoxiously loud to me haha. Mine is almost to loud on cold starts, but other then that it seems spot on to me.

View attachment 881
Can you take a shot of the rack and cover? Looking to install this so I can carry kayaks. Do the top of the cross rail have t tracks?

Most Member Reactions

Back