Future prices

cgrubb1

Reaction score
Realistically, what do we think prices of the ZR2 will be in the next 3-6 months? Seems like there should be some deals to be had, but do we think OTD prices will be below 70, 65? I feel like we will start seeing incentives pretty soon

stupid-jonah.gif

That's a deal look at this one they had here locally. I went to look at it and was informed it was just sold.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221017-161714_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20221017-161714_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 112
I believe I read here that GM is stating ZR2s will be under constraint for model year ‘23 if memory serves? Maybe @wutang61 posted something along those lines? Don’t recall now. Before I bought mine a few weeks ago, I had waited a year or more on my local dealer and he recently told me he couldn’t order one (allocationless) and had nothing to dealer trade so if I found one at MSRP to buy it. I try to do business locally and have all these years but we are well off the reservation these days. Given, they are a small town dealer but I’m doubting heavy incentives are on the near horizon.

I believe I read here that GM is stating ZR2s will be under constraint for model year ‘23 if memory serves? Maybe @wutang61 posted something along those lines? Don’t recall now. Before I bought mine a few weeks ago, I had waited a year or more on my local dealer and he recently told me he couldn’t order one (allocationless) and had nothing to dealer trade so if I found one at MSRP to buy it. I try to do business locally and have all these years but we are well off the reservation these days. Given, they are a small town dealer but I’m doubting heavy incentives are on the near horizon.
The article as reported was the planned unit production of the ZR2 was reduced to just 5% of the original target for 2023.

Starting to see several on lots. Seems like within the last few weeks a lot have really popped up. These are ‘22’s. Even at decreased fulfillment, you would think ‘23’s will start popping up in the next couple months, which should lead to some incentives. Dealers marking up msrp 5-10k is insane and the fact it is continuing to work is even more wild. Personally I feel like 76k OTD prices are ridiculous, although for now, that seems to be the going rate for all trucks that aren’t bare bones equipped

Starting to see several on lots. Seems like within the last few weeks a lot have really popped up. These are ‘22’s. Even at decreased fulfillment, you would think ‘23’s will start popping up in the next couple months, which should lead to some incentives. Dealers marking up msrp 5-10k is insane and the fact it is continuing to work is even more wild. Personally I feel like 76k OTD prices are ridiculous, although for now, that seems to be the going rate for all trucks that aren’t bare bones equipped
I hear you, we are certainly in uncharted territory.

No one has a crystal ball, if we did all of us would have locked in pricing a year ago…😅. Having said that, I would assume future price increases are within the realm of possibility, as we saw noteworthy jumps since this time last year on MSRP.

And then again, maybe you can wait a few months and score major incentives. Only time will tell.

You might see some incentives in a month or two because of interest rates going up. But no I don't think you are going to see some crazy deal on a ZR2 anytime soon. They have raised the price what three times since they were released? Destination charge has also went up at least once. The 2023s are on constraint and are going to be pretty limited from what ive read.

If your paying cash it might be worth waiting on those 22s still sitting at the factory to ship. My order has been built for 5 months and is on MP hold. I'm sure it's not the only one. Same time though if you are financing much of it. The interest rates will probably negate any saving on MSRP.

With 5% allocation and overall Silverado allocations still limited, don't count on seeing much for incentives. Maybe by December or January, if you find a 2022 left over, but you won't see much at all on 2023s.

Realistically, what do we think prices of the ZR2 will be in the next 3-6 months? Seems like there should be some deals to be had, but do we think OTD prices will be below 70, 65? I feel like we will start seeing incentives pretty soon
Just picked mine up 11/4. Basically paid MSRP. There was a $1500 rebate at the dealer and I got a $1000 credit through Costco. I essentially spent that $2500 to extend the bumper to bumper out to 8/84 through an aftermarket warrant with Ally. Got 4.9 interest through a local credit union.

I finally pulled the trigger on one. Went without the Tec package, but had them add borla exhaust, got it out the door for a couple thousand below msrp. Not a steal, but a decent deal. Got 3.99 % at a credit union. Wanted to lock that in before rates raise and offset any discount

Most Member Reactions

Back