GM Build Process

The chat bot usually is a pop up on the Chevy website. You should be able to get info from VIN. If not, then the order number can be provided by dealer. These screen shots are from my phone, you can see the chat bot icon on lower left. It opens a chat session.

I already have a login for <mychevy.com> but see no way to generate a chat dialog. Am I in the correct website? I have the VIN for my truck, but not the order #. Can they find the status of my truck order with the VIN or do I need the get the order number?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231109_225303_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231109_225303_Chrome.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20231109_225244_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231109_225244_Chrome.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 13
The chat bot usually is a pop up on the Chevy website. You should be able to get info from VIN. If not, then the order number can be provided by dealer. These screen shots are from my phone, you can see the chat bot icon on lower left. It opens a chat session.
Thanks AXE, I found where they hid the icon. Initially I conversed with the bot, like Dave talking to HAL. That didn't go well, I gave HAL my truck's VIN, then HAL told where to find my VIN...duh. Then I asked for a human and BEN got on line. After a few give and takes he told me that my truck had been shipped. But not the status number, so I asked for the status number and Ben replied: "I do apologize but we are only allowed to provide the order status" and went on to advise me to contact my dealer. If I can trust what he told me, hopefully my ZR2 is moving in my direction.

Reactions: AXE
Yeah, your speaking to someone in a foreign land. I think its a mixed bag. Both times they responded to me it was efficient and good information. I then confirmed with my dealer that was a little slow to respond.

Last edited:
Thanks AXE, I found where they hid the icon. Initially I conversed with the bot, like Dave talking to HAL. That didn't go well, I gave HAL my truck's VIN, then HAL told where to find my VIN...duh. Then I asked for a human and BEN got on line. After a few give and takes he told me that my truck had been shipped. But not the status number, so I asked for the status number and Ben replied: "I do apologize but we are only allowed to provide the order status" and went on to advise me to contact my dealer. If I can trust what he told me, hopefully my ZR2 is moving in my direction.
I was informed by my dealer that thousands of vehicles are awaiting transport. He also told me that a truckers strike is looming and, if that happens, it will slow/shut down most all vehicle deliveries. If all goes well, I hope to see mine in the next 30-60 days. They are getting five 2500 HD ZR2's...3 in black and two of those with the Bison package. All Duramax. My truck was built the end of September. They are also getting a 1500 ZR2 Babymax in black w/o the Bison package.

Just throwing this out there...2500 ZR2 with a Duramax or a 2500 AT4X with a gasser? Price difference is about $11K.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this question, or if I should start a new thread.

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into the current state of dealer allocations for the ZR2s? I have one on order but my dealer has said they haven't gotten any allocations assigned in 6 months or more. They're a high-ish volume dealer, and this is new info I've just learned and I'm surprised. What are you guys seeing out there?

Depends on your area in general and specifically what you are looking for…last time I looked there were no 3.0 duramax 1500’s in 250 miles of me and something like 10-12 with the 6.2.

In terms of dealer allocations, that all comes down to the dealer specific situation. My dealer put an order in for a 2500 zr2 with the options I would order (he thinks he’s going to sell it to me 😅) when 2500’s opened, it’s still waiting for an allocation. They did get an allocation but multi-flex was on constraint so they changed the options and color and plan on putting it on the lot to sell. So your dealer may very well be waiting on an allocation in order to get you what you want, just part of the process.

You can wait or try and find a dealer with what you want and travel accordingly.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this question, or if I should start a new thread.

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into the current state of dealer allocations for the ZR2s? I have one on order but my dealer has said they haven't gotten any allocations assigned in 6 months or more. They're a high-ish volume dealer, and this is new info I've just learned and I'm surprised. What are you guys seeing out there?
Like others said it's a crap shoot. They are building and shipping them. When your dealer can get one and with the options you want is another story. I tried to order my 22. It took forever and I just bought one out of inventory instead. My HD, I didn't even bother ordering. I just found one in inventory and drove to get it.

If I hadn't had such a late model trade in that was in cherry condition along with GM Financial offering 36 month at 1.9, I wouldn't have bought mine. Prices and interest rates are definitely a factor today for all of us, and for some people it puts this out of reach.
That’s exactly what got me. A killer trade value on my 2018 Colorado ZR2 and the 1.9%, along with about $6K off msrp made it tough to pass. I did ask the finance guy and he said not very many people qualified for the 1.9% deal.

For theGrooveTime, I bought on November 30th at my local dealer in NE Oklahoma, who I’d consider to be fairly small, low volume dealer. At that time they had four 1500 ZR2’s on the lot. Right now they still have four, at least three of which are not the ones they had when I got mine. Three are Diramax and one is 6.2L gas. One of their five 2500’s in inventory is also a ZR2.

If your fairly high volume dealer says they haven’t had any ZR2’s in 6 months? I’d say you should definitely check other dealers in your area/region.

Most Member Reactions

Back