GM Government Armor

AXE

Reaction score
Libs: "you don't need an AR15 and body armor"

Government: "we need the Next Generation Squad Weapon in 6.8 and fully armored HD SUVs to protect our elitists"

Patriots: "we definitely need more fire power and truck armor"

Daniel Defense/Musk: "we got you"

Zeroed my 8x LPVO on my AR-10, 3 rounds, 200 yards, 1x2 inch bull... ok elitists, I'm ready now, shoot your best intafada revolution if you insist, I am willing to live in peace, but if you won't have it, so be it.

1701925187764.png

Zeroed my 8x LPVO on my AR-10, 3 rounds, 200 yards, 1x2 inch bull... ok elitists, I'm ready now, shoot your best intafada revolution if you insist, I am willing to live in peace, but if you won't have it, so be it.

What LPVO are you running? I just got myself a 6.5CM AR, havent bought a LPVO yet.

I've done some formal and informal research, and I can say this much for sure, you can't go wrong with the price and function of the Vortex Optics Strike Eagle line, 6X or 8X (my first choice since I like their BDC3 reticle best), or the Primary Arms lines. The 6X may be a litter further away but the clarity at max should likely be a smidge better, but even with an 8x they are very good for the cost of the glass, If I got something very long range (like 6.5Creed or 7mm RemMag) I might consider a 10x for it. Many would say those brands are the value proposition brands of the glass market, and while some will poopoo them, they are glass snobs with more money than sense. You can find some bigger names with great glass that are more expensive for the same magnification and focal plane, but I haven't seen a credible source claim it was a deal breaker or a huge game changer, just maybe the name and marginally better glass (yes, I'm looking at you Tijicon, Sig Sauer, and EOTech). I refuse to put glass on a rifle that costs as much (or a good bit more) than the rifle itself, and the target above was on a poors PSA running Magtech, PMC is also very accurate I find. USMC standard during my time was irons at 5 football fields, and we did fine if we could shoot at all, even with the best glass and rifles, if you don't know the basics and have a lot of practice, the top-a-da-line gear won't make you a good shot. That being said, mine is actually a couple years old (1x8x24 SFP, but the FFP scopes are now very reasonably priced and I would consider one), but you still can't go wrong going to Optics Planet and waiting for the deal/sale, usually you can get the scope and a nice set of rings for free with it. If I were to look for another right now and I can get the SFP with rings for $399 or less, I'd probably pick up another, but my 7.62x51 is my only long range reach out an touch someone cartridge, though I do want to add a 5.56 to the stable sometime. I am all about the low price classics that are cheap and abundant and have been doing the job for decades (308 is STILL a highly used sniper round for LEO and military), no expensive wildcats for me thanks.
Any questions let me know.
IMHO/YMMV

I like Leupold and Zeiss glass best. I've got Nikon, Burris, Vortex, etc that works fine too.

I've got a Remington Model 700 .243 with $40 Tasco 4X scope (circa 1984) and I can shoot better than most with all their whiz bang shit.

It's like anything you'll figure out how it works if you have enough time.

I agree on Leupold and Zeiss, but I hate to spend that much more if I don't need to, but it is nicer for sure.
I don't go for their highest cost stuff, usually find some deals and get them when they are discounted $200 or more. After hunting season you can usually get some good deals.

I had a kid fresh from PI come into the range a few months back that had no clue how to adjust irons in order to zero. Honestly felt a bit mad and sad at the same time.

I've done some formal and informal research, and I can say this much for sure, you can't go wrong with the price and function of the Vortex Optics Strike Eagle line, 6X or 8X (my first choice since I like their BDC3 reticle best), or the Primary Arms lines. The 6X may be a litter further away but the clarity at max should likely be a smidge better, but even with an 8x they are very good for the cost of the glass, If I got something very long range (like 6.5Creed or 7mm RemMag) I might consider a 10x for it. Many would say those brands are the value proposition brands of the glass market, and while some will poopoo them, they are glass snobs with more money than sense. You can find some bigger names with great glass that are more expensive for the same magnification and focal plane, but I haven't seen a credible source claim it was a deal breaker or a huge game changer, just maybe the name and marginally better glass (yes, I'm looking at you Tijicon, Sig Sauer, and EOTech). I refuse to put glass on a rifle that costs as much (or a good bit more) than the rifle itself, and the target above was on a poors PSA running Magtech, PMC is also very accurate I find. USMC standard during my time was irons at 5 football fields, and we did fine if we could shoot at all, even with the best glass and rifles, if you don't know the basics and have a lot of practice, the top-a-da-line gear won't make you a good shot. That being said, mine is actually a couple years old (1x8x24 SFP, but the FFP scopes are now very reasonably priced and I would consider one), but you still can't go wrong going to Optics Planet and waiting for the deal/sale, usually you can get the scope and a nice set of rings for free with it. If I were to look for another right now and I can get the SFP with rings for $399 or less, I'd probably pick up another, but my 7.62x51 is my only long range reach out an touch someone cartridge, though I do want to add a 5.56 to the stable sometime. I am all about the low price classics that are cheap and abundant and have been doing the job for decades (308 is STILL a highly used sniper round for LEO and military), no expensive wildcats for me thanks.
Any questions let me know.
IMHO/YMMV
I started it with a 4x14 on the 6.5. Not enough adjustment to get to 1k without some help. Vortex is such a hidden gem in the optics world. Their high end products are just awesome and you can’t beat that warranty. I basically got the MSR because it coordinated with the rifle lol and was cheaper than the strike eagle.

It is a real shame GM let the HD SUV market go. Never did understand why they didn’t Duramax the Suburban. Ford owned that market for years and years.

It is a real shame GM let the HD SUV market go. Never did understand why they didn’t Duramax the Suburban. Ford owned that market for years and years.
No doubt! A Suburban with a Duramax or a new Excursion would be sold out for years! It's amazing to me that they have left that void in the market.

2025 Suburban will have the 3.0 L Duramax. I would love to have one set up for hunting and fishing trips. Lots of gear storage, keep my dog inside, sleep in it for a couple nights, ride in total comfort!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back