GM Steps Or Rock Sliders?

Just my two cents...

I have the GM "high clearance steps." I am extremely pleased with them. Feel rock solid. Nice coating. Look great.

Had some rough country steps on my old tundra and these are so much better they shouldn't even be called the same thing.

Just my two cents...

I have the GM "high clearance steps." I am extremely pleased with them. Feel rock solid. Nice coating. Look great.

Had some rough country steps on my old tundra and these are so much better they shouldn't even be called the same thing.
I have looked at almost all options. I wanted something that tucks a little closer to the cab while also being able to be used as a step.

Are there provisions for bolt on steps on the GM sliders? I noticed holes that could be used for such a thing?

I just got word my sliders are in production. I will update the thread once received and installed. Two and a half month wait.

Post some picks when you get them. Interested to see how they look

Personally I love the high clearance steps. They don't hang down, plenty wide enough to get a good footing and the coating on them seems very thick. They are very solid and don't flex, but they are mounted to the body not the frame. So don't expect them to serve as rock sliders.
I second the high clearance steps...LOVE mine and look amazing!

I wanted to provide an update on this thread. I found another Silverado owner who had installed the Rocky Road sliders who was able to provide a bit more install information.

Turns out you have to drill 16 holes in the frame to mount the sliders which I decided against. Beware of the “bolt on” term some of these fabricators use.

I canceled my order and will be going with the GM rocker guards.

24B44D0B-E3C1-4668-83D1-AAF4576A66EF.jpeg

I have the high clearance steps and I love them!

Sadly, We lost @G_MAN2030 on July 9th 2023.

Me he be off-roading somewhere in the concrete jungle.
I can't believe I am just now noticing this post, it really sucks, whatever happened, too young to be gone :(

RIP G_MAN, until we hopefully meet one day when my journey here is complete, I will mash the skinny pedal on the right for you every chance I get!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back