GONE FOR 2 WEEKS!

MNNJR69

Reaction score
Well just dropped my truck at the body shop this morning to have the repairs done from the hit and run back in May. They finally got all the parts after a long wait! They told me 1-2weeks if nothing else is wrong after they get it broken down. They have to put a new driver's door and new front fender and possibly a new rear driver side door, but they said they're going to try and salvage the back door. We shall see. This is going to suck!!! 😕 I have to go back to sharing the wife's car and it puts a big mine mapping job I'm working on into hold. I CAN'T get to the job site w/out 4WD. Gonna miss my truck for sure!

Last edited:
I have progressive and did not choose that option because we are privileged enough to have 2 vehicles. Trying to keep cost down as well. Courtesy vehicle should be standard. I agree there.

Well just dropped my truck at the body shop this morning to have the repairs done from the hit and run back in May. They finally got all the parts after a long wait! They told me 1-2weeks if nothing else is wrong after they get it broken down. They have to put a new driver's door and new front fender and possibly a new rear driver side door, but they said they're going to try and salvage the back door. We shall see. This is going to suck!!! 😕 I have to go back to sharing the wife's car and it puts a big mine mapping job I'm working on into hold. I CAN'T get to the job site w/out 4WD. Gonna miss my truck for sure!
Good luck friend. Feels good when you get them back. Hopefully those 2 weeks fly by for you.

i was gonna say like AXE, my insurance gives me rental equivalent.

Mine is in the Bodyshop going on 8 weeks now waiting on a driver side headlight saying it could be 6wk to 8wks out with no date on when they will receive back ordered parts

Mine is in the Bodyshop going on 8 weeks now waiting on a driver side headlight saying it could be 6wk to 8wks out with no date on when they will receive back ordered parts
Man O' Man! So sorry to hear that! I made sure they had all the parts before I dropped it off! I waited over 8 weeks for the parts to come. If mine gets dragged out, I'm going to ask for a rental.

Man O' Man! So sorry to hear that! I made sure they had all the parts before I dropped it off! I waited over 8 weeks for the parts to come. If mine gets dragged out, I'm going to ask for a rental.
I have a rental I had to have truck towed in it was not able to be drove due to the number smashed into the wheel. I hit a deer never thought it would be 12k for hitting a deer.

Attachments

• IMG_4732.jpeg
    IMG_4732.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 27
I have a rental I had to have truck towed in it was not able to be drove due to the number smashed into the wheel. I hit a deer never thought it would be 12k for hitting a deer.
Wow. Couldn't you have just taken the lower front clip off as they advertise or did it mess up the radiator or? Did the deer get up and run away 🦌? That's why I got those deer horn/sirens. They work , cause we saw LOTS of deer, sometime close by the road and when we came up on them they ran away from the road

Wow. Couldn't you have just taken the lower front clip off as they advertise or did it mess up the radiator or? Did the deer get up and run away 🦌? That's why I got those deer horn/sirens. They work , cause we saw LOTS of deer, sometime close by the road and when we came up on them they ran away from the road
Radiator everything I never would have thought a 80k dollar truck would crumble from a deer! I hit one at a higher rate of speed in highschool with my little ole s10 and it barely dented the bumper

Radiator everything I never would have thought a 80k dollar truck would crumble from a deer! I hit one at a higher rate of speed in highschool with my little ole s10 and it barely dented the bumper
Yeah me neither, but I was extremely surprised when I went to put some magnets on the doors and fenders and they would not stick..... That speaks volumes itself! At least they were still using some metal back when they built the s10s. I remember seeing accidents in the 1970s where they would have to pull and cut the cars apart because the two pieces of metal were so mangled together. Nowadays they just splinter and crack and bounce apart.

Yeah me neither, but I was extremely surprised when I went to put some magnets on the doors and fenders and they would not stick..... That speaks volumes itself! At least they were still using some metal back when they built the s10s. I remember seeing accidents in the 1970s where they would have to pull and cut the cars apart because the two pieces of metal were so mangled together. Nowadays they just splinter and crack and bounce apart.
I talked to the body shop yesterday and they are almost finished. It is going into primer today and then paint by Monday and I should have it by Thursday of next week after it dries and cures up good. They gave me a brand new set of Rock slider bar step rails. I told them the old set was not that bad just mangled a little bit and to leave them on until I tear them up more and then I will replace them with a new set. Nice bonus! The fellow at the body shop also said he would do his best to buff out my desert pinstriping. Lol. I express my gratitude but told him I did not buy the truck to drive around town to show that mine was better than everybody else's, I bought it to take it in the mud and sand and dirt and do what it's designed to do!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back