Headlight On After Power Down

AXE

Reaction score
How long are your headlights on after power down and locking truck? Recently I have noticed mine are on a lot longer. I just timed at 10 minutes. Not sure if I made setting changes or not. I don't think they were on this long before. I keep thinking something is on inside the truck or doors aren't closed.

How long are your headlights on after power down and locking truck? Recently I have noticed mine are on a lot longer. I just timed at 10 minutes. Not sure if I made setting changes or not. I don't think they were on this long before. I keep thinking something is on inside the truck or doors aren't closed.
I have mine set to stay on after exiting the vehicle but I think it only lasts 30 to 60 seconds. 10 minutes seems excessive.

That's what it used to do. They were shutting of fairly quickly. I may have made a change. I was in there messing around about 3 weeks ago, but just noticed it yesterday. Timed it today and it seems excessive at 10 minutes.

Maybe accidentally you turned on the light knob switch? It turns off the lights automatically but in ten minutes or so to prevent battery from discharge. Same with the cargo lights if you forgot to turn them off.

So mine just did this tonight. I didn't time it, but they are definitely staying on longer now. I parked in the garage walked out to the my shop and came back and they were still on. I did a over the air update yesterday. I'm assuming it changed the exit lighting time. There is a place in the settings under lighting for it.

So mine just did this tonight. I didn't time it, but they are definitely staying on longer now. I parked in the garage walked out to the my shop and came back and they were still on. I did a over the air update yesterday. I'm assuming it changed the exit lighting time. There is a place in the settings under lighting for it.
Interesting, because OnStar was telling me I had an update last weekend, but I didn't do anything to update that I recall. Maybe that's what happened.

Maybe accidentally you turned on the light knob switch? It turns off the lights automatically but in ten minutes or so to prevent battery from discharge. Same with the cargo lights if you forgot to turn them off.
Probably should double check as I was using my cargo light about 10 days ago unloading a trailer at night.

Alright problem solved.......user error........turned my headlights back to auto setting........LOL.

Not sure how the switch got turned, but I don't recall turning it. Might have bumped it the other day when I got it a couple time when installing my Magnaflow exhaust. That's the day I noticed it, should have been obvious. But that switch is hard to read position with just that small notch in bezel.

Alright problem solved.......user error........turned my headlights back to auto setting........LOL.

Not sure how the switch got turned, but I don't recall turning it. Might have bumped it the other day when I got it a couple time when installing my Magnaflow exhaust. That's the day I noticed it, should have been obvious. But that switch is hard to read position with just that small notch in bezel.

False Alarm! Haha
I agree with you, that switch is hard to read the position.

My knee hits it occasionally when I’m getting out…due to the short steering column as I’m 6’3” and I feel like I’m “perched” a bit vs my other trucks.

I'm only 6', so just a baby! I think because I was sitting half turned in my seat trying to record sounds of my new exhaust I must have dragged across it.

I find it a litte difficult to find those switches sitting in my seat. Steering wheel is in the way and they are way too low for my liking. I think that brake controller is in a wierd spot and so is the start button. I'd rather have the switches up high and vents lower.

I had rear auxiliary lights on my last Duramax and the switch was about the same spot and I hit that all the time.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back