Hello from Houston

Romper

Reaction score
Got my first pick up truck ever about 3 weeks ago. Been driving Suburbans since 1974. ( had a brief interlude with a Ford Thunderbird in 1977)
I like the truck so far - ZR2 with 6.2L will get up go! Going to use it mainly on the duck lease and to pull the bay boat-

Got some quirky things happening :
1. GPS just keeps “searching” and can’t connect most of the time. Which means I need to use the iPhone for maps.
2. Vehicle says I can’t go over 98 mph?
Why - I want to see what the Corvette engine in a truck will do !!

Looking forward to romping on down the muddy trail in this beast!

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpeg
    IMG_1171.jpeg
    590.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1170.jpeg
    IMG_1170.jpeg
    554.7 KB · Views: 30
Welcome!

Might just need to change some settings on truck or phone to get maps to work.

Electronics can be very sketchy. Some trucks worse than others. So some searches on this forum and you'll find some solutions to common problems with electronics.

Speed is limited to 98 mph because off road tires have a Q speed rating, which is 99mph. Right now no tuners available to change the settings.

Got my first pick up truck ever about 3 weeks ago. Been driving Suburbans since 1974. ( had a brief interlude with a Ford Thunderbird in 1977)
I like the truck so far - ZR2 with 6.2L will get up go! Going to use it mainly on the duck lease and to pull the bay boat-

Got some quirky things happening :
1. GPS just keeps “searching” and can’t connect most of the time. Which means I need to use the iPhone for maps.
2. Vehicle says I can’t go over 98 mph?
Why - I want to see what the Corvette engine in a truck will do !!

Looking forward to romping on down the muddy trail in this beast!
welcome..

Welcome!

Might just need to change some settings on truck or phone to get maps to work.

Electronics can be very sketchy. Some trucks worse than others. So some searches on this forum and you'll find some solutions to common problems with electronics.

Speed is limited to 98 mph because off road tires have a Q speed rating, which is 99mph. Right now no tuners available to change the settings.
Thanks for the info on the speed rates tires! That makes sense to me.

OnStar fixed my GPS location issue-
Go to Settings - Apps and Permissions - show all apps - Maps - storage &cache - clear storage
Everything was fine after I cleared the storage & cache

This is a great forum .

Most Member Reactions

Back