Hey there from Atlanta

Dutch

Reaction score
I just picked up my Glacier Blue ZR2 on Tuesday.

I haven't made any mods except for opening that darn adaptive valve.

Cover is coming next week and I guess after that to the tint shop.

I traded my 2022 High Country Duramax, I loved that truck but with current Diesel prices plus I loved the ZR2 from the moment it was announced I went ahead and traded.

So far loving it, only been hitting pavement so far, 350 miles on it (only bad thing first use the lumbar adjustment failed so Monday morning back to the dealer).

Looking forward to read other ZR2 owners experiences and mods.

Picture was taken during the test drive, When chevy announced the ZR2 this color was used in the ad, and look what is in my driveway now :)

Attachments

• 68963131035__2837EC57-40B2-4927-BA6C-5A79F5CB5847 copy.jpg
    68963131035__2837EC57-40B2-4927-BA6C-5A79F5CB5847 copy.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 115
Welcome.....I did the same thing, got rid of a diesel Gladiator. Couldn't stand paying $5 plus per gallon. I am curious, what is the adaptive valve mod?

Open the valve that sits just in front of the muffler. Some use clamps to keep it open I popped the spring two slots back

Open the valve that sits just in front of the muffler. Some use clamps to keep it open I popped the spring two slots back
I'm not familiar with this - what does this mod do?

Just open that adaptive valve. Less restriction I guess but don’t think it does much for it performance wise. Just a tad louder on the exhaust. Again it’s a tad nothing major.

Why would you want that valve open all of the time? It's there so that the truck doesn't sound terrible while in DFM mode.

Inside I hear no difference.I’ve done it on my trailbosses now on the zr2. Next thjng is cut the whole thing out and put a cat back system on it.

Most Member Reactions

Back