🔥 HOT Hood Paint Damage bulletin and fix is finally here

I am still dealing with this. Waiting on call from service manager at dealership and GM lead advisor. Basically I am being lied to and screwed around with them having my truck the last 3 weeks and doing nothing. Here are some pictures of the gasket I mentioned with the paint still chipped. Got another call today saying that my truck is done (again) but somehow nobody knows what exactly they "bodyshop" (aka some dudes house.... yeah, I found out its just somebody with a barn in the backyard) has done. They keep saying it is repainted, but the PPF is still on and I guarantee if i take the piece of rubber off I would still be able to see the chipped paint.

UPDATE:
Service manager called me back and said he talked to the "bodyshop" and they will now ACTUALLY repaint the hood and "follow the bulletin to a T". So, maybe after not having my truck for a whole month I will get it back and it be done correctly...
Can you please see if they will share the part number of the gasket they used and where they bought it from?

I can try. Based on the way this has gone I doubt they will know.
Similar to this maybe?
https://www.grainger.com/product/TR...4M857?opr=PDPRRDSP&analytics=dsrrItems_44M851
Similar but the Grainger piece looks too rigid and not nearly as flexible. Because I don't trust the dealers, I would feel better vetting and purchasing my own trim and just having them install it. The one they used on yours actually looks very nice which is why I would love to know what they used and where they bought it from. Sucks that GM leaves this up to the dealer to find and acquire.

I went to my nearby dealer on this issue. He took few pictures and said will contact GM to get approved. Haven't heard anything yet since a week. Let's see what he says when he calls back.

IMO scoop should have been stamped/pressed. i dont think replacing the hood is a fix.
These hoods would have been better if they designed them like the ZL1 Camaros. It was a redesign anyway from the other Silverado's (minus TB)

Attachments

• Le ZL uno KaMeRo.png
    Le ZL uno KaMeRo.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 29

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back