Founding Member
Reaction score
Bulletin is below.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Thanks for posting @GearheadSS! Glad to see there is finally a fix. This is something my dealership should be able to pull up in their system and repair for me?

Thanks for the heads up! I think I'll wait for winter to be over to get mine fixed.

Not sure if this is a "fix" or a hack. After reading what needs to be done, I think I'd pass having a dealer attempt this. I can see far greater damage happening by just attempting the "fix"

Not sure if this is a "fix" or a hack. After reading what needs to be done, I think I'd pass having a dealer attempt this. I can see far greater damage happening by just attempting the "fix"
SG, Have you looked closely at your '23? Wonder if "this is the way" included in the manufacturing process now. I haven't checked mine too closely to tell...

SG, Have you looked closely at your '23? Wonder if "this is the way" included in the manufacturing process now. I haven't checked mine too closely to tell...
I have checked mine each weekend since purchase, and just looked at it again. I have ZERO issues with mine and hope it remains that way. It clearly doesn't impact all ZR2s, but for those that are impacted, it would upset me greatly as I would not trust a dealer to do what was asked in the bulletin...and have to have my hood repainted, but that's just me.

I probably will go the less invasive route and just fine line touch up If it becomes a noticeable issue on my truck.

It would have to flake pretty badly in order for me to send it to paint.

has anyone gone to the dealer with this bulletin and had them fix?
I am bringing mine in for first service and will present them with the info and see what they say and report back.
Thanks for the info.

I spoke to my service advisor over the phone. They just made a note of it and said that since it will be documented it can be addressed anytime.

I think the fix looks like a fucking hack job, so I'm gonna see if they can come up with something better.

Thanks AXE, its been over 6 months for this fix, but at least problem has been acknowledged by Team Bow Tie.
Ill report what my service team in So Cal has to say.

Reactions: AXE
I spoke to my service advisor over the phone. They just made a note of it and said that since it will be documented it can be addressed anytime.

I think the fix looks like a fucking hack job, so I'm gonna see if they can come up with something better.
I said the exact same thing...not a fan.

In agreement here. Good to see the issue has been acknowledged, that’s step 1. But relying on a dealer to get parts from Amazon seems a little suspect. I would feel better if GM put a parts kit together, with proper neoprene tape for the dealers to address each truck that has the problem. So far, my hood is fine. Mine is a 2023.

Thanks AXE, its been over 6 months for this fix, but at least problem has been acknowledged by Team Bow Tie.
Ill report what my service team in So Cal has to say.
I really like my family owned dealer, their service department, and their body shop. I trust they will do good work and they always go to bat for me with GM.

My paint appears to be really poor quality, lots of rock chips, now I'm seeing paint coming off bottom of doors. Paint chips look like craters with cracking on edges, not just nicks. Paint seems like it is very soft. I do have the hood cowling issue as well. I've only got 1600 miles on it and it won't look good by 10k. We'll see how it's handled.

In agreement here. Good to see the issue has been acknowledged, that’s step 1. But relying on a dealer to get parts from Amazon seems a little suspect. I would feel better if GM put a parts kit together, with proper neoprene tape for the dealers to address each truck that has the problem. So far, my hood is fine. Mine is a 2023.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why they didn't just stamp these hoods like they do for the Duramax. It would look higher quality and be virtually problem free. They created a problem that should have never existed.

I guess so they could issue some lighter colored trucks with black contrasting cowlings?

O
I really like my family owned dealer, their service department, and their body shop. I trust they will do good work and they always go to bat for me with GM.

My paint appears to be really poor quality, lots of rock chips, now I'm seeing paint coming off bottom of doors. Paint chips look like craters with cracking on edges, not just nicks. Paint seems like it is very soft. I do have the hood cowling issue as well. I've only got 1600 miles on it and it won't look good by 10k. We'll see how it's handled.
That doesn’t sound good. Good luck.

Most Member Reactions

Back