🔥 HOT Hood Paint Damage bulletin and fix is finally here

I've done mine once. 6 months later, gotta take it back in.
Thinking about having them redo and bringing it home and adding this (or something similar) myself. Or may just add this and call it a day. I hate paint problems.

Smeyta Windshield Rubber Seal Strip,Weather Stripping Seal Strip for Windshield,Car Weather Stripping,Sunroof Seal for Car/Truck/SUV Front Rear Windshield(5.6FT/1.7M,1PC) https://a.co/d/ctpKlck
that sucks. they are spraying my entire hood. hope it lasts and is color matched.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tell them to take a mm off the bottom of the scoop. It'll widen the gap so it might be more noticeable, but less likely to make contact.

Yep...and they'll do it with a Reciprocating Saw...it will look amazing :ROFLMAO:
The way you do that is to take a sharpy and run a black or silver line around the edge. Then you use a long sanding block or sander and take a little off at a time using that sharpie as a visual to track progress.

I know a guy that made custom fabricated lights bezels for his front Bison bumper and they looked perfect. He used this same technique. He also used a sawzall to trim his front bumper. Maybe he can do it for a small fee.

The way you do that is to take a sharpy and run a black or silver line around the edge. Then you use a long sanding block or sander and take a little off at a time using that sharpie as a visual to track progress.

I know a guy that made custom fabricated lights bezels for his front Bison bumper and they looked perfect. He used this same technique. He also used a sawzall to trim his front bumper. Maybe he can do it for a small fee.
Sounds great...but a body shop or dealer isn't going to do that and take pride in their craftsmanship.

Sounds great...but a body shop or dealer isn't going to do that and take pride in their craftsmanship.
Pull it do it yourself, then bring it in for paint and re-assembly.

I would trust mine to do good work, but you'll never know until it's done. My wife's last Tahoe got ran into on the rear door. It looked like a difficult fix and the paint was white diamond tricoat (3 part). I thought it would never look good and the dealer did a perfect job. Reskinned the whole door and blended paint perfectly. There's always someone that takes pride in there work.

Tell them to take a mm off the bottom of the scoop. It'll widen the gap so it might be more noticeable, but less likely to make contact.
honestly, im afraid to tell them anything. imo, its a flim flam fix. mine was getting worse so only 2 choices. wait or ignore. its gonna suck if they dont get it right.

Reactions: AXE
honestly, im afraid to tell them anything. imo, its a flim flam fix. mine was getting worse so only 2 choices. wait or ignore. its gonna suck if they dont get it right.
I've got three spots about 1.5 inches like yours. Didn't seem to be any worse last few months.

The problem with that tape fix is that tape collapses under weight from scoop and will degrade with time and environmental conditions. Need to be longer and more fasteners that hold the scoop up or a shorter depth on side scoop to keep it from contacting the paint.

They gave this fix to the JV squad and they remembered a 7th grade home ec project just like it. They thought this would be great for something that is supposed to bounce down the trail and through traffic for 10 years straight.

Most Member Reactions

Back