Hood Scoop Sun Reflection

Thanks. I'll have my guy remove the scoop and emblem. I'll post pics when done. That looks really good
anybody else...i just noticed both sides in bottom. i know there is GM tech bulletin out.

Attachments

• 20230425_185247.jpg
    20230425_185247.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 20230425_185235.jpg
    20230425_185235.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 166
Thanks, I'm pleased with how it turned out. It was removed from the hood and the 6.2L emblems were removed before the wrap. I'm not sure what brand my guy used, but I can ask if you'd like.
Mine is doing that is same area, not quite as much at 2k miles.

anybody else...i just noticed both sides in bottom. i know there is GM tech bulletin out.
Yeah, mine is doing the same thing in the same area. Mine actually looks worse than yours. I posted pictures of it in the paint thread a while back, and I haven't had it fixed yet. I stopped in at the dealer's body shop in December, and they were going to call me when they had a fix for it. I haven't been pushing the issue because I'm not sure that I want to repaint my entire hood to fix it....

Yeah, mine is doing the same thing in the same area. Mine actually looks worse than yours. I posted pictures of it in the paint thread a while back, and I haven't had it fixed yet. I stopped in at the dealer's body shop in December, and they were going to call me when they had a fix for it. I haven't been pushing the issue because I'm not sure that I want to repaint my entire hood to fix it....
imo, i dont think we have an option to not fix. only gonna get worse. not sure if the service bulletin is gonna fix. i have appt on 5-1 for my exhaust swap. i may bring it up then but gotta fix at some point. you gotta respray entire hood. im thinking of having them paint scoop body color.

I was blowing home today and I caught the nastiness glare off the inside edge of the hood scoop for about 1/2 mile.

Even the polarized sunglasses wouldn't help. You could have melted green army men and sizzled insects with that laser beam!

View attachment 4711View attachment 4712View attachment 4713

It's so much nicer now in matte. I kept the funky area in gloss as an accent to tie the color together and to minimize the chance of bubbles or issues.
I just really don't understand why GM put the decorative scoop on the hoods in the first place. GM parts says "to maximize aerodynamics." I see High Countrys have 6.2Ls as well w/o a scoop, AND the glare is SO ANNOYING. Did you have the scoop removed for application?

I just really don't understand why GM put the decorative scoop on the hoods in the first place. GM parts says "to maximize aerodynamics." I see High Countrys have 6.2Ls as well w/o a scoop, AND the glare is SO ANNOYING. Did you have the scoop removed for application?
Yes, the guy who wrapped it did remove it from the hood and removed the 6.2L emblems for the cleanest wrap possible. It's still looks fantastic and I have no glare issues anymore!

Looks so good. Really thinking about doing this. Do you mind sharing price on something like this? Would I just go to a car wrap shop? Thanks!
Sorry so late to reply. My guy did it for $200 and did a phenomenal job. He'd probably charge more if he had to do it again because he said is was a big pain to do. Still, I'd definitely recommend having it professionally done for long term reliability. Also sanity. Sanity is important.

Yes, the guy who wrapped it did remove it from the hood and removed the 6.2L emblems for the cleanest wrap possible. It's still looks fantastic and I have no glare issues anymore!
Looking to do the same thing but my laminate guy is not comfortable removing the scoop. Did your guy have any issues with clips or a seal around the scoop where it meets the hood?

Looking to do the same thing but my laminate guy is not comfortable removing the scoop. Did your guy have any issues with clips or a seal around the scoop where it meets the hood?
He said it was a giant pain to do, but didn't go into specifics. He didn't break anything though, so there's that.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back