Infotainment Issue

Ereed45

Reaction score
22 ZR2 with 4,000 miles. Yesterday I was driving on the highway at 60 mph, had the navigation on and listening to XM radio at normal level. Out of nowhere the radio went to 100% volume & would not turn down or shut off. The power button would not work. The paddle switch would not work and was not stuck on. Radio was screaming loud so I pulled over & turned the truck off. Turned it back on and it was still at 100% volume. Pretty sure the speakers are blown out now. Had to pull the radio fuse to get it to go off. Today I reinstalled the fuse & it seems to be normal now. I rebooted the system and it appears to be working for now.
Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
22 ZR2 with 4,000 miles. Yesterday I was driving on the highway at 60 mph, had the navigation on and listening to XM radio at normal level. Out of nowhere the radio went to 100% volume & would not turn down or shut off. The power button would not work. The paddle switch would not work and was not stuck on. Radio was screaming loud so I pulled over & turned the truck off. Turned it back on and it was still at 100% volume. Pretty sure the speakers are blown out now. Had to pull the radio fuse to get it to go off. Today I reinstalled the fuse & it seems to be normal now. I rebooted the system and it appears to be working for now.
Not that issue. However, all of a sudden, when I go to Google Maps, every so often it comes up in ARABIC??? If I exit out and go back in, it's normal again. That just started 2 days ago and I'm like...WTF?

They are hacking your system......you need a good security guy!
It's happening to others too, and my wife's car just started doing it. It is well beyond just a GM thing. I just shut down all Google services in my unit since I don't use any of that stuff any way.

That's crazy! I had issues where the infotainment screen would flash on and off and not let me do anything. GM replaced my radio under warranty.
This was one if the reasons I sold my ZR2. It's an awesome truck as long as it's under a bumper to bumper warranty. Once that would have ended, I didn't want anything to do with all those software glitches.

They basically own and control our asses. I was working on some contract documents yesterday in my computer and all of a sudden I start getting a bunch of pop ups. I think it was because I clicked on a document that I did a search for to address some contact language. Haven't had something like that in years and my security software seems to do a good job. Annoying as hell!

I am pretty sure I was born 100 years late. I should have been riding a horse on the range and hitting the saloon once a month for a poker game, some whisky, and a "special" lady for the night.

They basically own and control our asses. I was working on some contract documents yesterday in my computer and all of a sudden I start getting a bunch of pop ups. I think it was because I clicked on a document that I did a search for to address some contact language. Haven't had something like that in years and my security software seems to do a good job. Annoying as hell!

I am pretty sure I was born 100 years late. I should have been riding a horse on the range and hitting the saloon once a month for a poker game, some whisky, and a "special" lady for the night.
Agree, this truck is a computer on wheels, unfortunately.

This^^^. You can't buy anything new anymore that isn't.
I hear you. My insurance company just totaled my 2017 Corvette that got water in the wiring. I didn't realize it had over a hundred sensors & 5 ECM's & DCM's. Body was perfect with only 11,000 miles but the cost of replacing the electronics was more than the value of the car.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back