Infotainment mods

dvire

Founding Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a device like this would work on the ZR2? Looking for something that could search web, use different apps or even watch movies on the big screen in the truck.
Has anyone tried or have any experience with this?

1669834696592.png
D

I have something similar and it works pretty good. Unfortunately the way our trucks screen is. It won't show full screen. It works the same way as android auto or carplay. So it's like a 70/30 split. Mine is called Binize. Got it off Amazon, but I think it, magic box the one you posted, ect all work the same. I can watch Netflix, Prime video, YouTube, ect. I've used it a bunch waiting on my kids to get out of practice lol. I just leave it plugged in all the time in the console. One thing that really sucks is our trucks turn off after like 10 mins. So you have to keep hitting the button to keep it in accessory mode. I actually plan on asking the dealer if there is a fix for that.

I have something similar and it works pretty good. Unfortunately the way our trucks screen is. It won't show full screen. It works the same way as android auto or carplay. So it's like a 70/30 split. Mine is called Binize. Got it off Amazon, but I think it, magic box the one you posted, ect all work the same. I can watch Netflix, Prime video, YouTube, ect. I've used it a bunch waiting on my kids to get out of practice lol. I just leave it plugged in all the time in the console. One thing that really sucks is our trucks turn off after like 10 mins. So you have to keep hitting the button to keep it in accessory mode. I actually plan on asking the dealer if there is a fix for that.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I figured it might only be part of the screen, but at least its bigger than a phone! How is the quality of the video? 720p?

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I figured it might only be part of the screen, but at least its bigger than a phone! How is the quality of the video? 720p?
Np, I'm not sure exactly on resolution, but it looks really good. Refresh rate is good, motion is smooth. It's as good as a tablet screen as long as you have a decent cell signal. It's actually a big part of the reason I got a truck data plan. My box stays plugged in and connected to the trucks wifi. I just tap carplay on the screen and tell the truck to switch to it instead of my phone. To go back I just tap android auto and tell it to switch to it. It's pretty easy to use.

Np, I'm not sure exactly on resolution, but it looks really good. Refresh rate is good, motion is smooth. It's as good as a tablet screen as long as you have a decent cell signal. It's actually a big part of the reason I got a truck data plan. My box stays plugged in and connected to the trucks wifi. I just tap carplay on the screen and tell the truck to switch to it instead of my phone. To go back I just tap android auto and tell it to switch to it. It's pretty easy to use.
Was the product you got also around $200+ ?

When my buddy was tinting my windows he showed me how to keep the AUX on indefinitely....I think he just held the button in for some amount of time. I'm not sure if there was any indication but my truck's radio stayed on the entire time he was tinting the two side windows.

When my buddy was tinting my windows he showed me how to keep the AUX on indefinitely....I think he just held the button in for some amount of time. I'm not sure if there was any indication but my truck's radio stayed on the entire time he was tinting the two side windows.
Yes this does work. I found out about it not to long ago. If you hold the button down for about 10 seconds it will stay on. Minor downside is its not in accessory, But more like having the key to the on position. So everything is on except the engine isn't running. Like if you have a vehicle with a regular keyed ignition, first click is accessory second click is on. Holding the button acts like the second click to the on position.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back