Infotainment Update

erixZR2

Reaction score
Finally got around to taking my ZR2 to my local Chevy dealer to have it updated to the ZR2 startup graphics, and was hoping for the new sport mode. When I dropped her off I was already told the sport mode wouldn’t be an option ☹️. 2 hours later they call me and say they can’t do the graphics/update or anything…. Is there any truth to this, anyone else encounter this issue?? If not, thinking I’ll try the next closest Chevy dealer when I have the time.

I don't have first hand experience, but know for a fact that some have had this update successfully installed. Not the sport mode of course.

Finally got around to taking my ZR2 to my local Chevy dealer to have it updated to the ZR2 startup graphics, and was hoping for the new sport mode. When I dropped her off I was already told the sport mode wouldn’t be an option ☹️. 2 hours later they call me and say they can’t do the graphics/update or anything…. Is there any truth to this, anyone else encounter this issue?? If not, thinking I’ll try the next closest Chevy dealer when I have the time.
My Dealer tried to install it and it failed, even connected via wire. They were afraid of bricking it, so they stopped.

My Dealer tried to install it and it failed, even connected via wire. They were afraid of bricking it, so they stopped.
That's crazy. Does that mean no updates OTA as well? If this was me so would be bitching until I got a new unit.

I never even tried it on mine. Seen to many posts of bricking them or getting a Tahoe stuck on it. Does it still only change the dash animation or does it do both screens now like the new ones?

I was able to get it done in September. I had to provide the bulletin number as mentioned by someone on this forum.

I do now have ZR2 startup animation on instrument panel display. No additional modes though.

I was able to get it done in September. I had to provide the bulletin number as mentioned by someone on this forum.

I do now have ZR2 startup animation on instrument panel display. No additional modes though.

So the update still doesn't put it on both screens?

No only the actual instrument panel gets the ZR2 graphics the center infotainment screen stays with the gold bowtie. Looks like I don't have the document saved for the panel update but it is on this forum for sure. My Chevy says it is a simple update and they weren't worried. As mentioned in the before post all Dealerships are different some more helpful than others.

Find the post here somewhere, I posted the invoice when mine was fixed.
They had to replace the actual DIC, the one in your truck ( and mine ) is only able to display the LTZ or Tahoe...
I found a service rep that was willing to dig in a bit...
And no, it only fixes the DIC picture, no other changes!

That is not what happened with mine it was a simple software update and mine has the ZR2 graphics at start up and displays a ZR2 in the panels.

some members have had a successful update. i did not. 2hrs at dealer, waste of time. key is finding a good dealer.

After an OTA update changed my truck into a Tahoe I had my dealer use the code posted in this thread and it worked. I now have the ZR2 animation on the instrument cluster but the gold Chevy display on the infotainment screen.

Thread 'ZR2 AUDIO CUT OUT/ ADDING ZR2 splash art on start up resolved.'
https://www.chevyzr2.com/threads/zr2-audio-cut-out-adding-zr2-splash-art-on-start-up-resolved.1424/

I now have the ZR2 animation on the instrument cluster but the gold Chevy display on the infotainment screen. https://www.chevyzr2.com/threads/zr2-audio-cut-out-adding-zr2-splash-art-on-start-up-resolved.1424/
That's how my 23 came new from the dealer. The second screen is probably only on the 24s. They "should" be able to update the second screen too, but doesn't sound like they know what they are doing at GM or dealerships. No big deal either way. I don't have time to sit and watch splash screens before pressing start.

That's how my 23 came new from the dealer. The second screen is probably only on the 24s. They "should" be able to update the second screen too, but doesn't sound like they know what they are doing at GM or dealerships. No big deal either way. I don't have time to sit and watch splash screens before pressing start.
Personally I just like the two screens to match. That was part of the reason I never bothered on my 22. I like the image going from one side to the other. My 24 came with the ZR2 animation on both screens. You would think it wouldn't be that hard for GM to update the splash screen animation. I put a aftermarket Radio in my LML years ago. You could load what ever image or Gif you wanted for it's splash screen. I changed it a few times, lol. Had a chevy bow tie on it when I sold the truck.

Yeah no big deal to me either. I rarely even look at the screens, the head up display gives me the main info I need. As long as it gets me where I need to go I’m happy.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back