Infotainment Update

Personally I just like the two screens to match. That was part of the reason I never bothered on my 22. I like the image going from one side to the other. My 24 came with the ZR2 animation on both screens. You would think it wouldn't be that hard for GM to update the splash screen animation. I put a aftermarket Radio in my LML years ago. You could load what ever image or Gif you wanted for it's splash screen. I changed it a few times, lol. Had a chevy bow tie on it when I sold the truck.
I left 1500 the same gold tie theme, but my HD is half ZR2 half gold tie.......wtf?

Finally got around to taking my ZR2 to my local Chevy dealer to have it updated to the ZR2 startup graphics, and was hoping for the new sport mode. When I dropped her off I was already told the sport mode wouldn’t be an option ☹️. 2 hours later they call me and say they can’t do the graphics/update or anything…. Is there any truth to this, anyone else encounter this issue?? If not, thinking I’ll try the next closest Chevy dealer when I have the time.
When I took my rig to Rick Hendrick's Chevrolet in Naples Florida to do the graphics update they told me they weren't doing it because it would cause more problems than benefits and didn't want to take the chance. I guess I'll have to live with what I have now.

I left 1500 the same gold tie theme, but my HD is half ZR2 half gold tie.......wtf?
😅
20231220_191319.jpg

Here's the janky shit I've got on my bastard rigs. Startup is a hodge podge of mismatched graphics. Trucks in DIC look like LTZ on 1500 and LTZ with offroad tires on 2500. Pictures are 1500 and 2500 respectively.

One thing GM got right with these infotainment systems is they are all a grab bag of leftover shit from every concept they came up with during development. Whatever they load up in ChiNa, you'll like it........even if it costs you $170k to find out what's in your bag.

Attachments

• 20231220_205133.jpg
    20231220_205133.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20231220_205210.jpg
    20231220_205210.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231220_204748.jpg
    20231220_204748.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231220_204923.jpg
    20231220_204923.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 46
Here's the janky shit I've got on my bastard rigs. Startup is a hodge podge of mismatched graphics. Trucks in DIC look like LTZ on 1500 and LTZ with offroad tires on 2500. Pictures are 1500 and 2500 respectively.

One thing GM got right with these infotainment systems is they are all a grab bag of leftover shit from every concept they came up with during development. Whatever they load up in ChiNa, you'll like it........even if it costs you $170k to find out what's in your bag.
That's rather unfortunate AXE, my guess is because you got an early production HD . Probably just used left over parts like you said.

That's rather unfortunate AXE, my guess is because you got an early production HD . Probably just used left over parts like you said.

When was yours built? I think mine was built first week of October.

I'm not sure I really care, it's just unbelievable that it's so random. I mean it's gotta be multiple people loading up files on these systems. Why aren't they using the same files?

I don't have my truck picture showing in DIC either so never see it. I use the time and temp or transmission temp setting if towing.

Attachments

• 20231220_180952.jpg
    20231220_180952.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
When was yours built? I think mine was built first week of October.

I'm not sure I really care, it's just unbelievable that it's so random. I mean it's gotta be multiple people loading up files on these systems. Why aren't they using the same files?

I don't neve my truck picture showing in DIC either so never see it. I use the time and temp or transmission temp setting if towing.
I'm not sure on the exact date. But it was also built in October

My 24 1500 was built September 2023 (9/23) according to door VIN sticker and it shows the same startup as 8ball, ZR2 with moon rocks on the DIC and bowtie with moon rocks on infotainment, it also has a ZR2 in the right hand side of the DIC, it is slate gray metallic in color from the looks of it, could be sterling gray but it looks too dark and much more like the slate. I guess that's one nice thing for those that get the slate gray, the DIC may very well match the truck color.

Last edited:
I never even tried it on mine. Seen to many posts of bricking them or getting a Tahoe stuck on it. Does it still only change the dash animation or does it do both screens now like the new ones?
I got a Tahoe screen updated over the air. The first time I took it in to have it fixed, they said they couldn't. I've got an antifreeze smell under the hood now, so it's going back for that and I'm going to have them try again.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back