Infotainment

Are you paying for the subscription?
I am, I called OnStar yesterday and they reset the signals. It fixed the issue, but not a fan of the downtime, especially since I am paying. Drove it around after that with no issues. I have an appointment for maintenance on Monday, ill bring it up for them to review.

I am, I called OnStar yesterday and they reset the signals. It fixed the issue, but not a fan of the downtime, especially since I am paying. Drove it around after that with no issues. I have an appointment for maintenance on Monday, ill bring it up for them to review.
I bet that the Onstar configuration into the entire infotainment system is effecting it somehow (GM proprietary product). Hopefully, some GM personnel monitoring these posts see this issue. I don’t have a OnStar subscription, but I’ll be curious PMoutafis what you find out with the service team.

Sorry to keep resurrecting this thread.

I have my rig in for service and while i was there i asked them and brought them the information the tread provided to update the display screen to ZR2. I was told that they have a letter from GM that they will provide me stating that the update cannot happen on 22 models and it is only 23 and newer. Mine is August of 22, so its later gen, is what they are telling me correct? I cant get it done?

I have my rig in for service and while i was there i asked them and brought them the information the tread provided to update the display screen to ZR2. I was told that they have a letter from GM that they will provide me stating that the update cannot happen on 22 models and it is only 23 and newer. Mine is August of 22, so its later gen, is what they are telling me correct? I cant get it done?
They are clueless and just don't want to deal with it. My 22 has the 171 software. ASk to speak to the service manager or find another dealer!

They are clueless and just don't want to deal with it. My 22 has the 171 software. ASk to speak to the service manager or find another dealer!
Could you please elaborate more when you say 171 software? How could I check to see if I have that?

I also see your Upstate NY, I am in the City, I would love to know what dealer you are using.

171Y is the infotainment system software. The ZR2 truck and logo in the DIC and the ZR2 logo in the infotainment system is a different update.

Haven't heard that they are limited by year. It's all the same hardware and software.

171Y is the infotainment system software. The ZR2 truck and logo in the DIC and the ZR2 logo in the infotainment system is a different update.

Haven't heard that they are limited by year. It's all the same hardware and software.
I am heading to the dealer shortly, what can I tell them to possibly get the truck and graphics at start up to be a ZR2?

B.S.
Ask them why my 22 can display it and yours can't!
It's all because they either are misinformed or to lazy and don't care. Took me going to Three dealers to finally find one that was competent enough to do it properly.

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_162921202_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230509_162921202_HDR.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 14
I have a 22 also built in August. I haven't done mine, so can't say for sure. Someone did post the specific service bulletin or procedure in one of these infotainment threads. If you can find that, it should help.

This is exactly what I took them. Is there anything different I should provide?
Just keep going till you find a dealership that WILL do it. It took them less than an hour to do mine. You just have to find the right service rep. Print that off and take that to them and have them look up the exact bulletin in their system because it's there! The only caveat I would see is that if you're enhanced view shows the picture of the ZR2 and not a suburban or Tahoe or high country, then they might not do it and tell you that your system is properly programmed. The two dealerships I took it to prior to getting it done correctly showed a Tahoe and a Suburban after they got done programming it. So when I finally got it to the dealership that programmed it properly, the service rep stated in the notes that it was not programmed correctly and they installed the right one.

He also told me that if it shows a Tahoe or a suburban or a high country, the suspension and the engine are programmed to that model type and would not tune the engine or the suspension to the proper programming for the other two off-road modes or even the regular two wheel drive mode. That's why it was such a big issue for me. Hope you can find a dealership to do it properly.

Just keep going till you find a dealership that WILL do it. It took them less than an hour to do mine. You just have to find the right service rep. Print that off and take that to them and have them look up the exact bulletin in their system because it's there! The only caveat I would see is that if you're enhanced view shows the picture of the ZR2 and not a suburban or Tahoe or high country, then they might not do it and tell you that your system is properly programmed. The two dealerships I took it to prior to getting it done correctly showed a Tahoe and a Suburban after they got done programming it. So when I finally got it to the dealership that programmed it properly, the service rep stated in the notes that it was not programmed correctly and they installed the right one.

He also told me that if it shows a Tahoe or a suburban or a high country, the suspension and the engine are programmed to that model type and would not tune the engine or the suspension to the proper programming for the other two off-road modes or even the regular two wheel drive mode. That's why it was such a big issue for me. Hope you can find a dealership to do it properly.
did not know later part...great info

Most Member Reactions

Back