Invoice Price ordering

chevyj9

Reaction score
Hey all. New to the forum. I’m not familiar with ordering a modern Silverado/GM truck. I’ve had two older ones but they were used. I know Ford doesn’t do invoice pricing on Raptor orders, but Ram does for the TRX. Are there any Chevy stores that are taking invoice or under orders for the ZR2 currently?

Not likely. You're going to do well by finding a dealer that doesn't mark it up over MSRP. There are a few of us that are selling at MSRP though.

MSRP + incentives and supplier/employee pricing is the absolute best you will do at this point in the market.

The first wave of us owners were launch price protected in addition to the above.

Ordering a truck and waiting 6-7 months is the only way for MSRP. Any truck you find sitting on a lot will likely be marked up 10-15k.

I just saw a used one listed for 87k + fees

That makes sense. I know this isn’t a trail boss forum, but what about invoice pricing on a trail boss?

That makes sense. I know this isn’t a trail boss forum, but what about invoice pricing on a trail boss?
You won’t get invoice for pretty much any truck right now. Best you could do is find a dealer that will honor supplier pricing if you are eligible for it, which is roughly 4k off MSRP right now.

You won’t get invoice for pretty much any truck right now. Best you could do is find a dealer that will honor supplier pricing if you are eligible for it, which is roughly 4k off MSRP right now.
That’s not really true. There’s a few ford dealerships that do 3% under invoice for factory orders. Same with ram. I know this to be true bc I order an f150 tremor for 4% under invoice. Now we are shopping for my wife

That’s not really true. There’s a few ford dealerships that do 3% under invoice for factory orders. Same with ram. I know this to be true bc I order an f150 tremor for 4% under invoice. Now we are shopping for my wife
You asked about a Trail Boss and I’m letting you know that GM trucks are not going for invoice, and if anyone is doing that for a GM it’s not well known. Bringing Ford or Ram into the conversation is completely different and if you’re looking for any manufacturer for the best deal, that’s your best bet until the economy gets worse.

You asked about a Trail Boss and I’m letting you know that GM trucks are not going for invoice, and if anyone is doing that for a GM it’s not well known. Bringing Ford or Ram into the conversation is completely different and if you’re looking for any manufacturer for the best deal, that’s your best bet until the economy gets worse.
Okay, thank you. I gots some homework to do.

There are several dealers who'll order you a new TRX for 4% under invoice. a LOADED '22 TRX comes out to 89k, I talked to them and they're ready to place the order if I say yes. . the best I can do on a Zr2 MSRP so we're talking about 15k difference, if I could buy a ZR2 at invoice it would make it seem a little more competitive. who knows what the Raptor R will sell for or if you can get one but GM has a problem on price if you ask me.

There are several dealers who'll order you a new TRX for 4% under invoice. a LOADED '22 TRX comes out to 89k, I talked to them and they're ready to place the order if I say yes. . the best I can do on a Zr2 MSRP so we're talking about 15k difference, if I could buy a ZR2 at invoice it would make it seem a little more competitive. who knows what the Raptor R will sell for or if you can get one but GM has a problem on price if you ask me.
I agree.

Sure you can order a trx for under invoice and possibly receive it in the year 2035 when those few select dealers backlogs of orders get fulfilled lol

You'd think that, but they've been running 3-4 months to get them. they closed the '22 books then opened them again Thursday because they have more capacity.

Sure you can order a trx for under invoice and possibly receive it in the year 2035 when those few select dealers backlogs of orders get fulfilled lol
Chapman of Horsham in Pennsylvania has a pretty quick turnaround actually lol.

I didn't talk to them but they're one of the under invoice dealers.

I still think the ZR2 is a better fit for my needs, but the price difference is making it hard to go GM.

I’ll be the first one to admit that GM is quickly pricing this truck out of its league. It’s (almost) 5 grand more then original launch pricing at this point with no incentives.

The Bison version will probably be around 80k when optioned.

You add in the market adjustments and this truck is a very hard sell compared to a discounted TRX or even a Raptor. If you can find that last one at MSRP.
Although I personally have zero interest in a V6 truck so it wouldn’t be an option for myself regardless.

I’ll be the first one to admit that GM is quickly pricing this truck out of its league. It’s (almost) 5 grand more then original launch pricing at this point with no incentives.

The Bison version will probably be around 80k when optioned.

You add in the market adjustments and this truck is a very hard sell compared to a discounted TRX or even a Raptor. If you can find that last one at MSRP.
Although I personally have zero interest in a V6 truck so it wouldn’t be an option for myself regardless.
Yeah. I’m considering this truck but when I build it vs a raptor 37… they are nearly identical in price…. I think the raptor is superior off road. If the ZR2 was priced in the realm of an f-150 tremor or ram rebel it would make more sense

Yeah. I’m considering this truck but when I build it vs a raptor 37… they are nearly identical in price…. I think the raptor is superior off road. If the ZR2 was priced in the realm of an f-150 tremor or ram rebel it would make more sense
The “cheapest” Raptor 37 you can option is about 82k? Loaded “normal” ZR2’s are about 74 now. The 37 is still quite a bit more. Granted it’s significantly more extreme for that price difference.

@ launch it was dead nuts with the Tremor option for option with more capability. Now it’s roughly 3k more then a similarly equipped Tremor.

This is all speaking on MSRP.

As my local Ford dealer has a loaded Tremor adjusted upward of 74.

The Bison packaged ZR2 @ 80k+ isn’t going to swing buyers up from a Tremor or “Down” from a 37. Price adjustments need to come quickly if GM wants to gain segment share.

The “cheapest” Raptor 37 you can option is about 82k? Loaded “normal” ZR2’s are about 74 now. The 37 is still quite a bit more. Granted it’s significantly more extreme for that price difference.

@ launch it was dead nuts with the Tremor option for option with more capability. Now it’s roughly 3k more then a similarly equipped Tremor.

This is all speaking on MSRP.

As my local Ford dealer has a loaded Tremor adjusted upward of 74.

The Bison packaged ZR2 @ 80k+ isn’t going to swing buyers up from a Tremor or “Down” from a 37. Price adjustments need to come quickly if GM wants to gain segment share.
Even a raptor on 35’s is still substantially more capable. I have a tremor but my wife has decided it’s hers😂. We got it 4% under invoice at Chapman ford of Horsham PA. I wouldn’t mind paying msrp but I wish I could find a similar deal for the Chevy trucks. Has anyone here owned or spent some time with a 2021+ f-150 and would care to compare/contrast to the new Chevy Silverados? I’ve read reviews but they are all heavily biased towards ram. I know they probably pay off these journalists with how poor their vehicles are

The problem with comparing to Raptors currently is the scarcity of allocations and dealers capitalizing with their ADMs due to that fact. A loaded out ZR2 will be far less than a comparably equipped Raptor in current conditions along with finding a dealer with an allocation to begin with for any Raptor - 37s are near impossible unless willing to pay the typical +15k on top of MSRP.

GM’s pricing is getting ridiculous for trucks. They will need to go back to incentives once the supply gets back to normal, but until then people will pay that can afford it and/or have no other choice.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back