K&N Cold Air Intake (PN 63-3109)

udflyer63

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a K&N intake on their 6.2L ZR2. K&N claims a 30+ ft/lb increase. Wondering if the upgrade is worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_2833.jpeg
    IMG_2833.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 25
I would be very doubtful in the power gains (I’m sure security guy will chime in soon as he lives to rid the world from CAI’s 😅)

they can clean up engine bays, and MAY help flow a bit of air, but you need tuning and various other improvements to make any real power. Anything on CAIs will be negligible and all hearsay on forums (these are debated on all sorts of forums and not sure I’ve ever seen factual data presented, just opinions…which are freely given and often worth about as much…so, this is my opinion, value it accordingly!!!)

Last edited:
I installed the 57-3108 as the factory box is well designed and I wanted to clean up the engine bay and get rid of the accordion flex tube. FWIW.
Cleaning up the look is one of the big reasons I’m considering the S&B Intake for my Babymax 3.0. Just looks damn good and is a weeeee bit more efficient than the factory filter system.

I’ve never been one of those “I’m looking to gain 5% of a 30% increase of this or that because of math and interwebs reviews”.

Has anyone installed a K&N intake on their 6.2L ZR2. K&N claims a 30+ ft/lb increase. Wondering if the upgrade is worth it.
Don't do it...they are a SCAM! K&N is actually the worst. If you do buy one, get a closed box unit or just do the Airaid Jr. kit. Without a tune, you'll see nothing at all but it will make more noise if that's what you're after.

I added the S&B CAI kit last weekend. I don't think there's any top-end HP/TQ gains, but there might be higher peaks in lower power bands. It feels more peppy and makes a much more aggressive noise at WOT. It's an enclosed kit with a giant cone filter.

Was it worth $300? Hard to say, it looks a lot better and I like the sound. Taking the truck to Marble Falls to hit some trails at Hidden Falls OHV park this weekend, will see if any improvement on road trip mileage.

I added the S&B CAI kit last weekend. I don't think there's any top-end HP/TQ gains, but there might be higher peaks in lower power bands. It feels more peppy and makes a much more aggressive noise at WOT. It's an enclosed kit with a giant cone filter.

Was it worth $300? Hard to say, it looks a lot better and I like the sound. Taking the truck to Marble Falls to hit some trails at Hidden Falls OHV park this weekend, will see if any improvement on road trip mileage.
as long as you like it.

Please post about Hidden Falls, love that place.

Be sure to hide your cornflakes, @securityguy is coming in hot to crap all over them

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back