Kicker subwoofer

Joel

Reaction score
Does anyone have the aftermarket kicker subwoofer installed just curious if it's worth the 700 dollars

I have one. Worth it depends on you, lol. I like it because storage space under my seat is a big deal. It does sound pretty good and fits well. Could definitely get more bass for similar money if you don't care about space.

8b
I have one. Worth it depends on you, lol. I like it because storage space under my seat is a big deal. It does sound pretty good and fits well. Could definitely get more bass for similar money if you don't care about space.
Does it have to be installed by the dealer?

I have watched a few videos on it and it looks fairly easy if you have some technical background I was just curious if the extra bass was worth Installing it

8b

Does it have to be installed by the dealer?
No not at all. It's very simple to install. I've actually put the same one in two different ZR2s. With how it comes, you just hook it to the battery and it clips into the Front passenger door speaker wires. The box bolts down to factory bolts. One for the tool kit and one for the back seat. I took my box out last night replaced the sub and reinstalled it. Only takes a few mins for the actual box.

I don't use the included amp with mine. I replaced mine with a larger amp that has rca inputs. I get my signal from a DSP vs connected to the speakers wires. The kicker sub is rated for 400 watts rms. So you could always get a bigger amp later if the 200w one isn't enough.

No not at all. It's very simple to install. I've actually put the same one in two different ZR2s. With how it comes, you just hook it to the battery and it clips into the Front passenger door speaker wires. The box bolts down to factory bolts. One for the tool kit and one for the back seat. I took my box out last night replaced the sub and reinstalled it. Only takes a few mins for the actual box.

I don't use the included amp with mine. I replaced mine with a larger amp that has rca inputs. I get my signal from a DSP vs connected to the speakers wires. The kicker sub is rated for 400 watts rms. So you could always get a bigger amp later if the 200w one isn't enough.
I’m going to do an audio upgrade sometime this year. How did you get the signal to your DSP? Did you tap the speakers or use an aftermarket harness?

Reactions: AXE
I’m going to do an audio upgrade sometime this year. How did you get the signal to your DSP? Did you tap the speakers or use an aftermarket harness?
From the wiring at the bose amp behind the back seat. I made a harness with some plugs off Amazon. But you can just buy pre-made harness that plugs into the bose connectors. The way I did mine was I cut the factory wiring and installed a 12pin plug on each side. One male one female. Then I made a harness to go to my amp that plugs into to those. Makes it cleaner but I can also remove all my stuff and just plug the factory wiring back together if I need to. This was the plug kit I used. A pre-made harness was 200 with a few weeks of lead time.
JRready ST6327-12 Deutsch 12 Pin DT Connector Kit, Gray Waterproof DT Connectors 12 Pin(5 Set), Size 16 Stamped Contacts for Truck, Motorcycle, Off-Road Vehicles, Marine, Extreme Sports https://a.co/d/gCOPktV
20240103_011118.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: AXE
Well I placed the order for the subwoofer we will see how it sounds

Well I placed the order for the subwoofer we will see how it sounds
They do really good for their size. Just FYI, do not push more than 400watts to the sub or you will burn it up, lol. I swapped mine out for a pioneer because that's what a local stereo shop had in stock. But I actually ended up ordering another kicker and swapping back though. The kicker sounds way better.
20240304_141547.jpg

From the wiring at the bose amp behind the back seat. I made a harness with some plugs off Amazon. But you can just buy pre-made harness that plugs into the bose connectors. The way I did mine was I cut the factory wiring and installed a 12pin plug on each side. One male one female. Then I made a harness to go to my amp that plugs into to those. Makes it cleaner but I can also remove all my stuff and just plug the factory wiring back together if I need to. This was the plug kit I used. A pre-made harness was 200 with a few weeks of lead time.
JRready ST6327-12 Deutsch 12 Pin DT Connector Kit, Gray Waterproof DT Connectors 12 Pin(5 Set), Size 16 Stamped Contacts for Truck, Motorcycle, Off-Road Vehicles, Marine, Extreme Sports https://a.co/d/gCOPktV
View attachment 11788
Thanks for those details and pics. Yeah, these people want way too much money for the premade harnesses but they sure are convenient.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for those details and pics. Yeah, these people want way too much money for the premade harnesses but they sure are convenient.
Yeah I don't blame them. I tried to source the bose connectors with no luck. Probably have to order 1k min of them from some random supplier. Plus they hand make them to suit your needs. That was more the reason I did my own. It was the 3 week plus lead time for it to ship. I ordered those plugs for 30 bucks and 2 day shipping. Took maybe an hour wiring everything up.

End of the day it works great. One plug is output from the bose amp, the other is inputs to the speakers. My harness has matching plugs. One is inputs to my amps other is outputs from amp. Or I can just unplug my harness and plug the factory wires back together to put it back stock. The factory Sub wire is separate. I did that on purpose so I could unplug the factory sub while I was tuning or setting the gain on my sub amp. Something that's hard to do with the bose integration harnesses.
20240322_140201.jpg

Yeah I don't blame them. I tried to source the bose connectors with no luck. Probably have to order 1k min of them from some random supplier. Plus they hand make them to suit your needs. That was more the reason I did my own. It was the 3 week plus lead time for it to ship. I ordered those plugs for 30 bucks and 2 day shipping. Took maybe an hour wiring everything up.

End of the day it works great. One plug is output from the bose amp, the other is inputs to the speakers. My harness has matching plugs. One is inputs to my amps other is outputs from amp. Or I can just unplug my harness and plug the factory wires back together to put it back stock. The factory Sub wire is separate. I did that on purpose so I could unplug the factory sub while I was tuning or setting the gain on my sub amp. Something that's hard to do with the bose integration harnesses.
View attachment 11797
thats some badass shit right there!!!🤘🤘

View attachment 11797
Are you pleased overall with the performance and quality of the D-6.1200? I’ve never ran one of their amps but have been looking at them. They tout some solid specs.

The product detail says "Not Compatible with underseat Storage".

What does that mean exactly? I have one of those plastic underseat storage things, is there no way to install this?

What does that mean exactly? I have one of those plastic underseat storage things, is there no way to install this?
I think it means you are losing part of the standard underneath storage and also wouldn't work with the accessory storage either.

Are you pleased overall with the performance and quality of the D-6.1200? I’ve never ran one of their amps but have been looking at them. They tout some solid specs.
Mine has been great. Pretty easy to tune and setup. Definitely puts out its rated power. It's overkill for my speakers.

It goes under the back seat on the driver's side. So the factory carpeted tray or the underseat storage box has to be removed. The sub box itself does have a storage area in it. But obviously you will lose some storage space under the back seat. Just not all of it like most of the aftermarket boxes.

It goes under the back seat on the driver's side. So the factory carpeted tray or the underseat storage box has to be removed. The sub box itself does have a storage area in it. But obviously you will lose some storage space under the back seat. Just not all of it like most of the aftermarket boxes.
Thanks, that makes sense.

Most Member Reactions

Back