MBRP Exhaust

Eczr2

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a MBRP cat back exhaust set up? I never heard of them before and came across their cat back system while doing some searching. It sounds good (not as loud as the AWE) and it comes with the carbon fiber tips. Less than half the price than a AWE or Borla as well.

Has anyone installed a MBRP cat back exhaust set up? I never heard of them before and came across their cat back system while doing some searching. It sounds good (not as loud as the AWE) and it comes with the carbon fiber tips. Less than half the price than a AWE or Borla as well.
I had an MBRP system on my 2016 Camaro. I coupled it with American Racing long tube headers and a stage 3 NA cam. That car sounded insane. Loosely related I know but I’m just giving a good news story for MBRP

Have you thought about a Borla Crate Muffler versus a full cat-back? There is really no good reason to do a full cat back unless you are looking to spend a lot more money than you have to. A Borla Type-S or ATAK crate muffler are both well under $300. You can decide to use the OEM resonators or have them bypassed. Just throwing it out as an idea and cheaper alternative...nothing more.

Have you thought about a Borla Crate Muffler versus a full cat-back? There is really no good reason to do a full cat back unless you are looking to spend a lot more money than you have to. A Borla Type-S or ATAK crate muffler are both well under $300. You can decide to use the OEM resonators or have them bypassed. Just throwing it out as an idea and cheaper alternative...nothing more.
I was thinking about that and then adding some outlet tips. My local exhaust shop said it would be like $400-$500 to install the crate muffler and then about $400 each to install the tips. I think the prices are kinda nuts but when you add it all up I’m better off just getting a cat back direct bolt on kit for a few bucks more.

I was thinking about that and then adding some outlet tips. My local exhaust shop said it would be like $400-$500 to install the crate muffler and then about $400 each to install the tips. I think the prices are kinda nuts but when you add it all up I’m better off just getting a cat back direct bolt on kit for a few bucks more.
You need to find another shop. They are RIPPING YOU OFF big time!!! The going rate most anywhere to install a muffler is $75 - $100.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back