Miles to Empty

ZR2DARKASH

Reaction score
Just wondering what's yalls mile to empty when filling tank? My ZR2 states 305 Miles to Empty when i fill the tank. Seems a bit low as my 2023 Escalade 2wd 6.2 with 10 speed averages 410mi. I know it's the 4x4, off road tires but seems substantially lower than normal. Been averaging 11-13mpg on ZR2 on Premium 93 gas.

MTE is calculated by how you drive the vehicle and average MPG on the computer. Everyone will likely have a different MTE number as we all drive differently.

Just wondering what's yalls mile to empty when filling tank? My ZR2 states 305 Miles to Empty when i fill the tank. Seems a bit low as my 2023 Escalade 2wd 6.2 with 10 speed averages 410mi. I know it's the 4x4, off road tires but seems substantially lower than normal. Been averaging 11-13mpg on ZR2 on Premium 93 gas.
Is there a difference in the size of fuel tank in each vehicle?

All ZR2s have a 24 gallon tank unfortunately. So basically that's your range. If you average 14mpg then you will be completely empty at 336. Any vehicle is going to give you some reserve. So the DIC should give you a little less range then actually empty. Everyone's estimated range will be different depending on their average MPG.

Realistically most are probably around 300 miles with mixed driving unless you like to run it down to E. The range does suck. IMO, they really should have had a 28 or 30 gallon tank to get the range up to around 400 miles with the estimated average mpg of 14. I actually have wondered if it's a sales tactic to make GM EVs look better. If you compare say a silverado EV to a gas silverado. That 400 mile estimated range of the EV is on par or better then the ICE versions. OR maybe they just did it for payload numbers. Heck or simply just to be cheap lol.

I’ve been getting between 19 - 16 on 87%octane Until I started using 4 wheel drive because of the snow that dropped it down to 14-11 mpg I wish it had a larger tank My F150 had a 35 gallon tank that was nice not having to gas up as often

I'll have to double check the gas tank capacity on the escalade i think it's a 24 gallon too.

I'll tell you this, when you get to low fuel light coming across Nebraska it evaporates rapidly and then the range remaining just goes away...pucker factor was a bit high attempting to coast into Lincoln :oops:

I'll tell you this, when you get to low fuel light coming across Nebraska it evaporates rapidly and then the range remaining just goes away...pucker factor was a bit high attempting to coast into Lincoln :oops:
Drove one day and got my low fuel light and mile showing I had around 25 miles. Then the next thing I know the mile indicator disappeared and I had some hash marks as my mileage. Talk about the pucker factor. I was on the highway begging for the next exit to come up.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back