Modifying The Air Intake Box ?

SeaHunt

Reaction score
Do you guys know if I were to replace my air intake box with a K&N or an Airaid Jr (Part # 201-782) would that hurt my factory warranty ? I just don't want the dealer refusing to honor my warranty because I modified the engines air intake system. Thanks guys !
Screenshot 2023-07-18 170852.png

Do you guys know if I were to replace my air intake box with a K&N or an Airaid Jr (Part # 201-782) would that hurt my factory warranty ? I just don't want the dealer refusing to honor my warranty because I modified the engines air intake system. Thanks guys !View attachment 6188
It would have to be the direct cause of whatever you attempted to warranty.

I wouldn’t worry about intakes or catbacks.

It would have to be the direct cause of whatever you attempted to warranty.

I wouldn’t worry about intakes or catbacks.
Thank you very much for your input. I was just checking because I know that warranties always try to find a way out so they don't have to pay.

Thank you very much for your input. I was just checking because I know that warranties always try to find a way out so they don't have to pay.
Depending on the dealer, you can almost get away with murder. I’ve had GM cover 50% of a transmission replacement out of warranty with a tune with a previous truck. 90,000 miles.

Dealer uploaded TCM data from a Lot truck and dumped brake shavings into the pan.

Still cost me 3,500 bucks but it goes to show you it’s who you know.

As long as you don’t modify programming, internals or emissions equipment you’re good to go.

Good luck!

Depending on the dealer, you can almost get away with murder. I’ve had GM cover 50% of a transmission replacement out of warranty with a tune with a previous truck. 90,000 miles.

Dealer uploaded TCM data from a Lot truck and dumped brake shavings into the pan.

Still cost me 3,500 bucks but it goes to show you it’s who you know.

As long as you don’t modify programming, internals or emissions equipment you’re good to go.

Good luck!
Wow, you were very fortunate that they took good care of you ! I just want a simple air intake with the washable filter. I had the Airaid oil filter in my High Country and it was a PIA to maintain. Also, wondering if the truck will throw a code since the system is calibrated to the stock airbox and filter ?

Most Member Reactions

Back